PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland resignations

zed3
1st Jan 2007, 17:28
Rumour picked up at work this afternoon is that around 140 control staff have resigned from SkyGuide . Anyone know any more ?

2nd Jan 2007, 04:57
140? I wonder if you have those figures right. Somebody would've heard something by now if that was the case.

Impi
2nd Jan 2007, 06:54
126,7, folks at Maastricht have no lives you see - gossip helps ease the pain...

spike_scramble
2nd Jan 2007, 07:15
Hi, the german press announced that 30 ATCO's and Assistants left Skyguide due to bad climate there... :) http://www.focus.de/reisen/flugsicherung_nid_41829.html
There's a very low staffing at LSZH since a few months, the transision training of 5 ATCO's from abroad started yet. To get in contact with HR, just mail [email protected] (5 years experience on TWR/APP)

Cheers Spike.

Jerricho
2nd Jan 2007, 07:30
Switzerland you say.............

Hmmmm, haven't been there yet.

viaEGLL
2nd Jan 2007, 08:12
Sounds interesting but don't you have to be fluent in french??

Minesapint
2nd Jan 2007, 16:41
Property prices not too bad, ouside Geneva. Cost of living seemed a bit high. Standard of living seemed very high. Mountains :ok: , lakes :ok: and not many people :ok: . I understand French is compulsory :( .

Number2
2nd Jan 2007, 17:10
'Property prices not too bad'

I thought you had to be Swiss to own property there so prices don't really matter a great deal?!

nodelay
2nd Jan 2007, 22:43
Number 2.
Swiss nationals can buy what they like , where they like. Non Swiss residents can only buy holiday homes in tourist areas.

Guy D'ageradar
3rd Jan 2007, 05:28
Bit of a misunderstanding here, I think chaps!
Here at the southwestern end of the Rösti line, no news of resignations. I think someone may have mistranslated the fact that controllers in both Geneva and Zurich last week rejected a "pay offer" due to the attached conditions (and the pathetic offer!).
As for jobs here - certainly. Understaffed, overworked, crap management (like everyone else). Pay has decreased, relative to inflation, by 8% in 6 years, lots of pissed off people and some resignations from Zurich - I heard this morning, possibly 30 - some of those the Danish contingent heading home after their recent pay rise. Many looking elsewhere.
As for the life, minesapint is perfectly correct - mountains, lakes, warm summers, good winters (hell, it even snowed yesterday - a bit) great quality of life. Housing - stupidly expensive in Geneva, foreigners can also buy what they like, where they like (but only in canton of Geneva for the first 5 years). Or they do like me and buy in neighbouring France, where it's much cheaper and the life is even better, while still paying Swiss taxes and the mortgage is even in Swiss Francs. 2% anyone?!
Overall, a good life but long overdue for a pay rise.:ugh:
Any questions welcome.:ok:

TAVLA Northbound
6th Jan 2007, 17:43
Gruetzi

Last year this time I had just given up on Nav Canada (:yuk: ) and was probing the Swiss option.

Anyone with a work permit can buy property anywhere in the canton you'll be working in.

Anyone interested better get cracking on learning Swiss German. It was still a requirement at that stage. Has it changed?

Would be interested to hear an update.

Minesapint
8th Jan 2007, 07:51
Swiss German! Too many dialects apparently. People from one velley don't understand the people from the next valley.

Personally I would live in France and take the benefits :)

Muren
12th Jan 2007, 13:14
some resignations from Zurich - I heard this morning, possibly 30 - some of those the Danish contingent heading home after their recent pay rise.

Recent payrise in Denmark? Damn why dont I ever get a piece of the cake, I think you probably meant the norwegians recent payrise? Resignations in Denmark and a lot of danes heading out very soon if things dont improve. Sounds like your management went to the same academy as ours.