PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Night Jump Seat time

AirSic
1st Jan 2007, 06:57
A small request from a genuine person.

Is there anybody in Perth area that does a night run that would have a spare seat, jump seat, just to get some experience of flying at night.

Cargo run or other, I don't mind.

ASIC current.

Cheers

Captain Nomad
2nd Jan 2007, 07:28
A few blokes might be getting a bit put off the idea of taking you along with the username 'airsic' - sorry, couldn't resist! :}

AirSic
2nd Jan 2007, 09:23
Was wondering what that smell was.....uh I mean why it was so quite!

I promise that I will not be "AirSic"....Meaning I won't be feeling myself...many may say that will be unusual!

I will bring my own little bags just in case...

Seriuosly though, I have started my NVMC and found that all is different and DARK:E Would love to get some experience and watch routines and drills from other experienced pilots.

As they say, the most sensitive part of your body when masturbating is your ears!

Cheers:ok:

Lasiorhinus
2nd Jan 2007, 10:52
And if thats the sort of activity you plan to undertake in the cockpit, you might not get many takers, either....:yuk:

AirSic
2nd Jan 2007, 13:17
Well good job I have a sense of humour!:E

I could keep you awake at night....IF YOU LET ME!!!!!!

Is there no night flying happening or is there something else that is stopping you guy's posting.

Let me know either way.

Thanks again in advance.

AS:ok:

orangepeel
3rd Jan 2007, 00:00
I could keep you awake at night....IF YOU LET ME!!!!!!

Are you for real ..

this kid is talking about "masterbating" and "keeping you at awake at night etc":confused: :confused: :confused:

What kind of sick twisted puppy are you matey ?

No wonder you are not getting any offers.....:=

Maybe you would be best suited to another line of work eh?:}

VH-Cheer Up
3rd Jan 2007, 04:45
Who said she was a guy?

I mean, if it was a woman, would you still object?

(Obviously I'm not talking about a propensity to projectile-vomit en-route).

tlf
3rd Jan 2007, 06:15
Is there no night flying happening or is there something else that is stopping you guy's posting.

Let me know either way.

Thanks again in advance.

AS:ok:

I suspect you're not getting the answers you want because you seem to have exposed yourself as being a WwankerR.

Too Bad.

AirSic
3rd Jan 2007, 07:54
I am lost for words.

The intention of my statement "keep you awake at night", relates to asking questions arising from curiousity.

I didn't think this thread would sink into the gutter, but hey.:sad:

computer says no
3rd Jan 2007, 07:57
Here's a crazy thought for everybody, albeit a little complicated so just stick with me while I try and explain it....

he was having a laugh.

chill out

OZBUSDRIVER
3rd Jan 2007, 23:04
AirSic, you are about 25 years too late. Jumping on overnight freight runs all over the country was a good lurk until someone got killed in a PA31 one night down in ML. After that the whole system got changed. You had to be an employee of the company and have a reason to be there.

I hope this changes because it was possibly the best way of getting experience.

VH-Cheer Up
4th Jan 2007, 01:57
AirSic, you are about 25 years too late. Jumping on overnight freight runs all over the country was a good lurk until someone got killed in a PA31 one night down in ML. After that the whole system got changed. You had to be an employee of the company and have a reason to be there.
I hope this changes because it was possibly the best way of getting experience.
Why not find out who has the most night freight flights out of your home airfield, and approach them direct with an offer to help load and unload, in exchange for a free seat. Give them a release document that says if they accidentally kill you they have no liability. And if you have dependents, take out plenty of your own insurance in case that does happen. Maybe offer to wash the aircraft or perform other menial jobs to justify the small fuel cost associated with lugging your weight all over Australia. Point out you have an ASIC already.
Good luck.

Chocks Away
4th Jan 2007, 06:04
Good luck with your search but I don't like your chances.
Oz'driver is correct, in that a few accident (Westwind @ ASP also) clamped up the paxing about on freighters.
It used to be great, moving around the country on a DC9, Wombats (146s), Westwinds or Metros... all for the cost of a good bottle of wine or "side of beer" to the crew and Ops man, while domestic airfares were sky-high (excuse to pun).
Very hard to do now, unless you have tight connections or paying a shonky operator for experience.
Happy Landings.:ok:

AirSic
4th Jan 2007, 11:28
Thanks guys...really appreciate the thoughtful posts:ok:

Was just a thought, considering that the aviation fraternity is supposedly "close".

I guess my girlfriends and I will have to find something else to do at night!:E

amos2
5th Jan 2007, 05:45
Well now, you didn't tell us you were gonna bring the girlfriend along.
This changes everything! :ok:

VH-Cheer Up
5th Jan 2007, 05:51
Have you tried Skywest?

AirSic
5th Jan 2007, 14:22
I have a friend that I haven't seen in a long time, Calin Mc that was working for SW.

I should try to get in touch with him...thanks for the idea.

I had the idea that something in the cargo/late night north run might be more appropriate, but again thank you for you suggestions.:ok:

Bankstownboy
6th Jan 2007, 02:38
Maybe offer to wash the aircraft or perform other menial jobs to justify the small fuel cost associated with lugging your weight all over Australia.

Funny you mention that. Few weeks ago it just sprung up in my head for some reason about washing aircraft to cut the cost of my training. The idea kinda seemed a bit silly to me at the time but now I think about it, I've seen a helluva lot of dirty aircraft around and no sign of a cleaner.

So in the spirit of this thread, anyone got any planes they need washing?

morno
6th Jan 2007, 02:58
Few weeks ago it just sprung up in my head for some reason about washing aircraft to cut the cost of my training

HA HA, yeah, right. As if a flying school would go giving discounts for anything, :bored:. Especially Bankstown one's, they're about as tight as they come.

Bankstownboy
6th Jan 2007, 03:05
True that.

Doesn't have to be a flying school but just anyone with a dirty plane and a few quid to give would suit me fine!

Ratshit
6th Jan 2007, 03:47
....So in the spirit of this thread, anyone got any planes they need washing?

Yeah, I'll gladly sling you $50 for washing the Fork-tailed Dr Killer.

You'll have to make your own way to Nth Qld though!

R:cool: