PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air minima - Are they actually much higher or not?

BritishGuy
30th Dec 2006, 15:04
I've been on the Gulf Air website and the following minima are posted for their 'ideal' candidate:

We are now recruiting pilots for our A320 and B767 Fleets to be based in Bahrain, and invite applications with the following backgrounds:

Our Ideal Applicant Profile:

To be considered for this role you MUST:

Be the holder of at least a valid JAA compliant ‘frozen’ ATPL, or a CPL compliant with the requirements of ICAO annex 1 and with evidence of passing the ATPL theory exams, or an FAA ATP with a type rating of a jet aircraft with more than 20 seats and more than 500hrs on type.
Have a current class 1 medical certificate.
Have more than 1500 hours flight time of which 500 must be on multi crew, jet or heavy turbo prop aircraft of MAUW greater than 15,000kgs/33,000lbs
Have experience that is commensurate with age.
be fluent in spoken, written and reading english.
We will give preference to applicants who have:

Either an A320 or B767 type rating with at least 500 flight hours on type
More than 500 hours on Jet aircraft of greater than 10,000kgs/22,000lbs MAUW.
Glass Cockpit experience.
Not reached their 45th birthday.

I have an FAA ATP, UK Citizen, 1700TT, 550 Multi-Crew Jet (EMB-145) SIC (P2) time.

Are these competitive times or are the 'realisic times' MUCH higher than these stated?

Thanks.

Spirit
30th Dec 2006, 21:05
Hi there,

I joined the company with something like your experience, so it is indeed possible that what you have is competitive...but like everything else in the business, it is also a matter of YOUR name coming out of the hat, when applicants are selected for screening.

Good luck and happy new year!!!

ironbutt57
31st Dec 2006, 06:33
Personally havent seen anybody turn up with less than 2000hrs, but not saying it cant/wont happen....just keep updating luck of the draw is part of it..

acy RJ driver
31st Dec 2006, 20:44
Was wondering if anyone might give some info on FO salaries/ packages at GF. also looking for info on the upgrade to left seat, how long do FO's stay on the 320 before moving to heavy jets ?

any info is appreciated

:ok:

Panama Jack
1st Jan 2007, 07:27
Try the "search" function. It's all been published within the last year right here on this Forum! :ok: