PDA

View Full Version : Naples Training

BlueRobin
22nd Sep 2006, 21:59
Peeps, I was just perusing Standards Document 31 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF) (as one does on a Friday evening, ahem!) The CPL Modular FTO list shows that Naples AC in Florida now do the JAA CPL. Is this recent? I note that SD31 was revised about three weeks ago.
Cheers
BR
Note to mod: I would have tacked this on the end of the declared Naples thread in the FAQ but seems to have disappeared... :-)

Hour Builder
22nd Sep 2006, 22:26
I am sure Naples use to be able too, but didnt they loose their approval to do flight training when the CFI or was it the Head of Training left. That link is for the document last updated in Aug 06. Is there not a more recent one?

HB

TheChiefPilot
23rd Sep 2006, 00:25
The standards Document is upto date. Naples Air Center has been carrying out CPL training since July.
I beleive the training is very good from the people have spoken to.
Check it out if your in the need for your CPL training, it may be worth your while.

BlueRobin
23rd Sep 2006, 08:09
Nope there isn't, current SD31 is 3 weeks old. Your info handily ties in with this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2717277#post2717277). I'll investigate the NAC option soon and will report back here.

scroggs
23rd Sep 2006, 09:35
'TheChiefPilot' - posting from Florida. Ho hum. Here we go again? := :ugh:

Scroggs

BA123
28th Sep 2006, 08:58
so are naples re offering JAA training ?

davey147
29th Sep 2006, 14:09
Yes, they have never stopped.

I also dont understand the rumors on here, why dont people pick the phone up, call them and ask, email them if you dont like using the phone.

chrisbl
29th Sep 2006, 15:27
They dont reply to emails

davey147
29th Sep 2006, 18:31
Thats strange, they've always replied to mine within an hour and I must have sent hundreds over the years.

garywoodrow
29th Dec 2006, 16:11
Hey, after looking at the options I have found a few ways of how I can go about training. UK training costs around £60k for a fATPL but I have just found a way to do it for £30k in the US.

http://www.naples-air-center.com/dev/index.php?view=65

$58,000
or
£29,000

Is there something missing from this course or is it just that cheap... saying cheap I mean 'cheaper' :rolleyes:. It looks good to me, just want some opinions on this :)

Dent Collector
29th Dec 2006, 21:33
You will find useful information if you search a thread titled "Training in the USA"
Not to mention the disaster I had. Good luck

davey147
29th Dec 2006, 21:41
No that course is expensive.

You can get your FAA (USA) ratings, PPL, CPL, IR, MULTI for less than £10k including accomodation. Remember you dont need to go to a JAA flight school in the states, you just need to make sure they can issue the M1 visa, which plenty do.

You need to convert the ratings to JAA which will require you to do the ATPL ground school first, that will cost around £10k.

I would do your JAA PPL first and the ATPLS before you go any further.

Budget for around £25k to include exam fees, extra hours, books etc.

d2k73
30th Dec 2006, 19:27
It is cheaper than in the UK but make sure you take into account for Extra hours, feul surcharge, tax, insurance etc... it knocks the price up a bit!

chrisbl
31st Dec 2006, 19:14
No that course is expensive.
You can get your FAA (USA) ratings, PPL, CPL, IR, MULTI for less than £10k including accomodation. Remember you dont need to go to a JAA flight school in the states, you just need to make sure they can issue the M1 visa, which plenty do.

I wish people would get this right. Not flight scholos can issue visas. That is the job of the visa sections in the US embassies/consulates.

Some flight schools are authorised to issue the paperwork (I-20) which enables you to APPLY for a visa. There is no guarantee that a visa will be issued of course.

davey147
31st Dec 2006, 19:55
Thats correct, sorry for my badly explained post.

Some flight schools are authorized to issue the paperwork to apply for visas. There are many flights schools that can issue the M1 application paperword (I-20) there arnt too many that can issue the J-1 or F-1 paperwork.

vectorspls
11th Jan 2007, 18:01
I am aware that a few people have had bad experiences here, just
wondering if anybody has managed to complete any FAA courses there & if they were happy with the service.

EIDW RJ85
27th Jan 2007, 22:22
Currently at Naples as a student as cannot honestly fault them at all?? And have heard nothing but positive feedback from other students??
Honestly cant understand why they get such a bashing on PPrune. Im glad i decided to make up my own mind and check it out myself!

Oh just one problem is that Naples is REALLY expensive place to live so budget for that .. otherwise no probs with the school at all so far!

config-2
6th Mar 2007, 10:44
Hi,
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who is either currently or has recently been to Naples air center for the JAA CPL training.
How did you find the quality of instruction? How many hours/times per day were you flying? Were you allocated one instructor or did you have a few? How long was the course and did you gain a first attempt pass, and finally what was your flying background before you commenced training there?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Dent Collector
9th Mar 2007, 09:49
Hi config-2

I went to Naples in nov 05. What a disaster. They completely broke my heart. I arrived with minimal experience hoping to do my CPL in 4/5 weeks. And left with nothing. But a huge bill.
To add insult to injury they demanded an additional $5 for the photocopy of my training records. These are the kind of people your dealing with.

I'll PM you the full story if you like.

Florida mud wrestler
9th Mar 2007, 11:46
Awww come on now, you must have got a PPL in 4/5weeks even if you didn't get a CPL - unless you are just not cut out for the flying thing! Lots aren't you know!

I'd be interested in the story by PM please!

Dent Collector
10th Mar 2007, 08:17
Hi Florida Mud Wrestler

You misunderstood me. I was replying to a post from cinfig-2 regarding a JAA/CPL. But to clear things up. I had already passed my PPL first time in minimum hours in the UK, as did I my CPL and ME/IR and am now working flying air ambulance. But your maybe on to something. Perhaps my second rate CPL instructor in Florida was right and everyone else including my current employer are wrong.
I would PM you the full story if I thought it would benefit you, but you obviously know everything already.

Fladbrokeandbusted
10th Mar 2007, 08:41
I have done my JAA CPL at Naples Air Center during Dec. I did it in 12 days with the full 25 hour course.
I have to say that I had a great and very freindly instructor.
....However... i would not recommend ANYONE at all to go to naples air center. The reason they dont replay to your email pretty much fitts to how they run the place. You will be told to sit and wait for hours... they will forget about you again and again and again. You will be pissed off by the way they act and if you want anything done you will have to make sure yourself they do it.
The A/C is in a bad condition.. i know. I flew them myself. would not do it again. Richard (the owner of NAC) will not spend 1 single $ on maintenance unless its really really nescessary.
My addvise to anyone who considers NAC... stay away.. choose someone else... for your own sake.
I have loads of stories about this place but wont go into further details in this forum.
I wish you all the best and good luck...
FBAB

ccopter
7th May 2007, 05:04
Hello - thinking of doing few JAA bits and pieces at Naples Air Centre. Does anybody have any experiences or pointers on this? Also need accomodation near to airfield?

Any comments would be good.

ambitious guy
24th May 2007, 10:23
Hi all,

I am considering the Naples Air Centre in Florida to obtain my JAA ATPL by undertaking their Career Pilot Program. Has anyone been there and done that? Can anyone advise me as to the pros and cons of this FTO.

Your views and experience would be much appriecated.

Cheers:ok:

Firegoofy
24th May 2007, 12:49
Hi,

i tried to get in contact with them via many emails. But they doesn't send an answer.

I will do my ATPL (CPL and IR) now with EFT in Florida. They give me an answer within 24 hours.

Next they have more A/C as NAC. In some Threads some guys report, that NAC has old A/C. But i've never been there.

Cheers

ambitious guy
24th May 2007, 13:12
yeah, i've tried to get in contact with them via e-mail also but to no avail. Strange way to run an FTF. Thanks.

ambitious guy
24th May 2007, 13:34
Oh and where is EFT in Florida? Thanks

ChicagoHeights
24th May 2007, 20:03
Have you guys any info on their Distant learning conversion FAA ATP to JAA ATPL, or know any go places for this?