PDA

View Full Version : Adding a soundtrack to a Military Flying video

FFP
28th Dec 2006, 12:44
How do people overlay a music track on the videos ? I've tried with Windows Movie maker with all my legally downloaded tracks and it says no due to digital management rights ?

Do I need to start breaking the law before I get Kenny Logan's "Danger Zone" playing with footage from a UAS Bulldog flight ;)

airborne_artist
28th Dec 2006, 12:58
Theoretically you should license the track from the publisher if you plan to distribute the end result.

You may have more joy if you rip the track from a CD - they are not all tagged with DRM (Digital rights management) info - Sony was trying it, amongst others.

Non-MS video editing packages may be less concerned with the track's origins.

FFP
28th Dec 2006, 13:08
Cheers AA,

Will try a different software package on it.

Dunhovrin
28th Dec 2006, 15:43
Could I just suggest you DON'T use any of the Top Gun tracks.

A) It's been done a 1000 times already.

B) It's a bit sad.

C) See A.

Try and do something original like using a nice bit of Mozart's Marriage of Figaro or some Gershwin. Or if you are feeling modern some 60s R&B a la Blues Brothers.

And besides, with all those locker room scenes, topless volleyball and cute little moustaches we all know what Top Gun was really about, don't we?

Pick a Man's Movie to rip off - like Apocalypse Now.

mbga9pgf
28th Dec 2006, 17:04
Pick a Man's Movie to rip off - like Apocalypse Now.

"Charlie Dont Surf!" :E :E :E :E

and

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like … victory. "

As you say, a real mans movie!

as opposed to
"Maverick, you just did an incredibly brave thing. What you should have done was land your plane! you don't own that plane, the tax payers do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. You've been busted, you lost your qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice by me, with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers, and one admiral's daughter! "

Sure it wasnt the admiral's son?

will fly for food 06
28th Dec 2006, 17:28
How odd. I used to be able to add music tracks to my movies on movie maker.

Sospan
28th Dec 2006, 17:38
I use a programe called proshow gold, its the nuts !:)

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
28th Dec 2006, 23:00
Why don't you add the real music? The song of the wind around the airframe and the symphony of the engine(s)!

You do really like aircraft, don't you?

Gainesy
29th Dec 2006, 07:03
We didn't find one of 'em= Missed again.

FFP
29th Dec 2006, 08:08
Ok, time to come clean.

Why don't you add the real music? The song of the wind around the airframe and the symphony of the engine(s)!
You do really like aircraft, don't you?

I'm actually trying to add a soundtrack to something else, but to keep it in the Mil Aircrew forum where people do this stuff all the time, I've used the aircrew video scenario.

So, thanks for the tips on how to add the music, but as for the soundtrack itself, the decisions been made. And given it's contents, it won't be from Top Gun :p

Dunhovrin
29th Dec 2006, 09:33
Too late now "Mav" - you've been outted!

Runaway Gun
29th Dec 2006, 09:54
You can be my Wingman anytime......... :p

Fg Off Max Stout
29th Dec 2006, 12:15
I'm actually trying to add a soundtrack to something else, but to keep it in the Mil Aircrew forum where people do this stuff all the time, I've used the aircrew video scenario.

A weak cover story for you obvious sausage video directorial ambitions! Might I suggest the Pet Shop Boys.:ok:

splitbrain
29th Dec 2006, 13:52
I use Pinnacle Studio or the Ulead equivalent, both will do the job.

And yeah, don't use Top Gun...:\

FFP
30th Dec 2006, 15:35
Dammit.........;)

anyone have a copy of the Top Gun CD i could borrow please....

Managed to get around it by using the Windows Media Player, setting up my song on the laptop and starting them both at the same time. Worked a treat !

Altough the bit where I fall out of a Prince of Wales didn't quite match with the "DA DA DA DA DA" ....;)

chappie
30th Dec 2006, 16:33
i'm not able to add any technical info but i know of a very special person who can no doubt offer you the info that you need as it's what it's he does. try PM'ing airsound. good luck the chapster!