PDA

View Full Version : FI(A) Revalidation

Chinchilla.612
28th Dec 2006, 10:40
Hi,

My FI rating is due for 1st renewal in May 07. If I've read Lasors correctly then I believe I am obliged to do a proficiency check for the 1st renewal along with a refresher seminar.

My question is whether anyone knows if the proficiency check has to be flown in a SPSE aircraft as per my current qualification, or if the test to add SPME to my instructors rating would fulfill this requirement? (Seems a shame to do 2 tests if one will suffice).

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Chinchilla.

Whopity
28th Dec 2006, 15:28
You have a choice for the first revalidation, you can do a Test and a Seminar or you can simply do a Test if you have 100 hours instructing in the past 3 years of which 30 must be in the 12 months prior to expiry.

If you are doing the CRI M/E addon then you can combine the FI revalidation with the CRI ME skill test.

Chinchilla.612
28th Dec 2006, 19:50
Whopity,

Thanks for that. Confirms what I thought about the proficiency check, so that will make it a more efficient process.

Cheers.

kwaiyai
24th Jan 2007, 03:07
very quick question,
my UK FI/A expired mid last year along with SEPL and MEPL, Whats the latest renewal requirements and how long have i got (do I still have 5 years after the expiry date before more red tape), My JAA medical I keep current. Thanks in Advance.
My Current situation is PIC on Medium size Jet in Asia however I would like at some stage to keep my FI going on my UK Lic. Cheers.

Whopity
24th Jan 2007, 19:28
Seminar plus Test and SEP renewal (within 12 months). Up to 5 years can be signed by examiner, over 5 years has to go to Gatwick. If you have ME instructing privileges, renewing the MEP will reactivate that part as long as the FI rating is valid.

kwaiyai
29th Jan 2007, 05:58
thanks for the info whopity,