View Full Version : P2 time?

Seagull61
27th Dec 2006, 19:45
Very quick question, and really looking for clarification.

Just had a bimble up this evening with a fellow PPLer who was in the LH seat and agreed to be P1 before the flight

Can I log this as P2 time??

welkyboy
27th Dec 2006, 19:48
NO. not unless the aeroplane has to have 2 crew minimum

Flyin'Dutch'
28th Dec 2006, 06:43
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!

:}

No, you can't.

Well you can but it would be meaningless and incorrect. After all you can write in your logbook whatever you like.

Some people log these sort of flights in another logbook or use some pages from the back. Some folks mark their 'capacity' as SNY (supernummary) but that is just as meaningless as 'P2' or whatever.

Main thing though: Did you enjoy it?

:)

Whirlybird
28th Dec 2006, 07:16
What I do for flights where I'm legally a passenger (like this one), is to fill in dates, airfields, name of PIC etc, but leave all the times columns and similar blank. I then make a note in the comments column that my co-pilot did the flying. I do this on long trips, eg to the continent, so that I've got a record of where I've been. I also do it if I get to try out an aircraft for a magazine article (I do this now and then), but the person I'm with isn't an instructor, so I can't legally log it.

The CAA have never complained as yet.

englishal
28th Dec 2006, 13:05
where I'm legally a passenger
If I am illegally a passenger, I don't write a thing and keep very quiet about it ;) :)

Whopity
1st Jan 2007, 14:20
where I'm legally a passenger my co-pilot did the flying.
Clearly you are a very rich person with your own Biz Jet and employ 2 pilots!

S-Works
1st Jan 2007, 19:44
oh god please do an archive search first............. i hear the can opener on a can of worms yet again...............:ugh:

formationfoto
1st Jan 2007, 19:49
For future reference, if you dont already have a copy, get hold of LASORS. Mostly useful info on all matters regulatory. The paper copy costs BUT you can download a PDF version for free from the CAA website.

And the asnwer to your question, which I think you should have got clearly by now, is a resolute NO.

Flyin'Dutch'
2nd Jan 2007, 09:18
LASORS 2007 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS_07.pdf)