PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737 Ryanair Cockpit Companion - Bill Bulfer

Jinkster
25th Dec 2006, 12:28
Just wonder if anyone has the book. Is it any good? Is it worth £39.99?

http://www.afeonline.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=38_295&products_id=1604

Jinkster

POL.777
25th Dec 2006, 12:39
Just wonder if anyone has the book. Is it any good? Is it worth £39.99?
http://www.afeonline.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=38_295&products_id=1604
Jinkster
I got it. Its grand! Not too much RYR info in it though (if you are a RYR driver, don't expect it to cover everything) B.Bulfer has not had access to the RYR MEL. Still a grand book though.
Happy xmas and all the best

Jinkster
25th Dec 2006, 12:41
Thanks for the reply. I'm off to CAE next week so should come in useful....!!

Chris

Kit d'Rection KG
25th Dec 2006, 14:56
It's excellent, absolutely first class. Chris Brady's new book is also very good, but is less practical as a flight deck reference. I'm aware how the mods leap without looking so I'll not post Chris' website details, but I will say that you might be looking for a 'b737' website, and it might be a '.org', and of course, it's in the 'UK'.

POL.777
25th Dec 2006, 20:59
Yeah Chris Bradys book is really good too, especially if you fly CL and NGs'. Wish there was colour photos in it though. The management reference guide is quite usefull as well. If you are new to the Boeing (and starting your carreer with RYR), I would recommend B.Bulfers RYR cockpit comp. and the FMC guide. That should keep you up to speed.

Jinkster
4th Mar 2011, 08:12
Well an old thread of mine. I did purchase the guides.

Next question.....anyone know if they are available on PDF?

I'm in the middle of shrinking down my flight bag and putting everything onto my iPad.

Any help appreciated.

VC10 Rib22
27th Nov 2011, 20:58
Jinkster,

For your info. Leading Edge Publishing Home Page (http://www.cockpitcompanion.com/servlet/StoreFront)

Kind regards

VC10 Rib22 :ok:

VLADKO
6th Dec 2011, 20:26
I've seen it, and in my humble opinion I'd just stick to the FCOM. FCOM is got all I need, and its official source. Just a matter of trust.

Chris' Brady 737 Technical Guide is kind of cool, since it has good examples in photos, like how can you tell that you're in moderate or severe icing...

But hey! Maybe my opinion will change someday!:cool:

gorter
6th Dec 2011, 22:16
I personally like the information that can be found in the MRG and bill bulfer books. However i have a massive caveat with these books.

They're not official source material so if you use them and it goes pete tong, when you're hauled in front of the magistrates you're up a creek with the proverbial. I've seen them but i've never used them in anger.

I'd only use them if I had a lot of spare time and all official material was exhausted. So QRH , tech manual and MEL consulted and still questions remaining. I think perhaps an example would be the LOT wheels up landing. (I know there are no bill bulfer or MRG guides for the 767). They had a problem, went around and had plenty of time to diagnose, unfortunately the problem wasn't found but perhaps a manual such as this would have provided an answer

I do personally think they are an excellent source of additional information though.

Callsign Kilo
6th Dec 2011, 22:29
They may have found an answer? However if the answer was misinterpreted or incorrectly applied then all hell would break loose. One of the first things you find in the MRG is a big bold, underlined disclaimer to forewarn those tempted to use it for operational purposes. It has loads of great facts and comsiderations but I wouldn't dig it out of the flight bag in the heat of the moment and broadcast live on the CVR that Pat Boone, Bill Bulfer, Chris Brady or any other 737 know-all says we should try this.....

gorter
6th Dec 2011, 23:24
Hence my second paragraph.