PDA

View Full Version : This PPruner obviously dislikes Skyservice

punkalouver
21st Dec 2006, 20:23
"Avoid Skyservice Airlines out of CYYZ. They mashed my board completly. Besides the shoddy baggage service, they occasionally bend their airplanes on landing. Tons of dents on my board and the nose got dinged pretty badly even though it was packed really well."

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254159

J.O.
22nd Dec 2006, 18:46
I can give you stories of bent golf clubs and torn or broken suitcases on three different airlines in my lifetime. But I won't name the airlines because I understand how it happens. The guy signed a "limited liability release form" when he checked in his surf board. That form clearly states that such items are occasionally damaged when shipped in an aircraft. Maybe he should have read what he was signing. He also talks about checking in dangerous goods without declaring them to the airline. Clearly a first class surfer dude!

Pilot DAR
25th Dec 2006, 00:57
A quick refresher...

Passenger service airlines are set up to carry passengers, and many of the items which fit into a suitcase, and would be considered by your average citizen, to be personal affects for finite duration travel.

Freight carriers are set up to carry just about anything else. Perhaps the passenger airline who extends itself, probably out of a sense of customer service, to carry oversize, or unusually delicate items, which might not be so well packed anyway, desreves a bit more understanding. If you want the freight service and accountability, send it freight ahead of time, and pay the fair cost for such service. Otherwise, accept the risks graciously, for the shipping deal which Skyservice gave to you.

Complaints of this type just result in the airlines creating more rules as to what they will no longer offer to do, and then you'll be complaining that they refused to transport your board! Do you really think any other passenger carrier would have done a better job?

Perhaps you should buy coffee for the baggage handlers, and listen to their side...

I wish you more understanding, Pilot DAR