PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Coverage in BC

JRDriver
20th Dec 2006, 14:18
Hi guys,
Coming to BC to work next year and just wondering who is the best mobile phone company in terms of coverage and what system they use, GSM, CDMA, TDMA etc etc

Thanks JRD

JRDriver
21st Dec 2006, 01:19
Don't Canadians use mobile/cell phones??

bcflyer
21st Dec 2006, 05:07
Hi, I live in BC and I use Bell as my mobile provider. I'm sorry I don't know what system they use but I've been all over Canada and have never been without coverage. To be honest there really aren't that many Canadians that post on here regularly so you may not get alot of responses. You might want to try posting on avcanada.ca. I'm quite sure you'll get more information. Hope this helps :)

CaptW5
21st Dec 2006, 18:13
Well we use CDMA, and for coverage look here (found via Google):

http://www.foundlocally.com/rockies/Communications/Tel-CellularCoverage.htm

v6g
21st Dec 2006, 18:15
Well I'm living in Vancouver and working for a large cellphone manufacturer - so I'm probably half qualified to answer.

In the cities and most towns, GSM offers the best coverage. Outside of cities CDMA coverage is probably better but you'll be lucky to get any coverage at all in much of BC (like Oz there's an awful lot of remote nothingness out there).

Generally it's pretty comparable with Australia for coverage - gsm is probably your best bet though.

WCDMA is non-existent, unless you're going to be living within a mile radius of where I work ;-)