PDA

View Full Version : Booze and the mystery of the disappearing threads

Bronx
19th Dec 2006, 18:53
December 9 niknak started a thread in Rumours & News called PILOT JAILED about an Ozzie pilot flying for Emirates that got jailed for 6 months for turning up for duty over the BAC limit saying I sincerely hope that he serves the full sentance, gets the help he needs to accept the gravity of his problem, and never, ever flys again,

December 18, he started a thread here called BOOZE with this A colleague who was on his way to work today, (3pm start), was involved in a minor shunt which, by coincidence, was observed by the local plod.
The accident wasn't his fault, as verified by the officers who witnessed it, but he was breathlysed.
He'd had a bit to drink yesterday but stopped at around 6pm, had a big meal and solid sleep until 10am, nonetheless, he still registered on the machine as having alcohol in his system, albeit below the legal driving limit.
Plod asked his occupation, which he gave without thinking and said Officer immediately and strongly suggested he turned around, went home, and phoned in sick.
It wasn't until he was en route home, having made the requisite call, that he realised the possible consequences had he gone on to work.
Thumbs up to Plod. :ok:
Today December 19 both the threads mysteriously disappeared. :confused:

The one in R&N was a sticky by popular demand coz of some real good posts by Chuck Ellsworth and LProuse that folk wanted to keep.
That one's been put back by Pprune so you can still read the posts. :ok:

All very strange.
Any ideas what's been going on niknak? ;)

Gonzo
19th Dec 2006, 18:54
Just a guess, but perhaps it's been deleted by the thread originator?

Bronx
19th Dec 2006, 20:31
Just a guess, but perhaps it's been deleted by the thread originator? Guess your right. I couldn't see the Mods binning a thread they'd made a sticky. They've put a copy back now anyways.

Deleting a thread so many folk had asked to save for the future has got to be the most selfish thing I've seen on Pprune. :mad:

lobby
19th Dec 2006, 22:08
Do you think if he had said that he was a pilot he would have been given the same advice?

eastern wiseguy
19th Dec 2006, 22:51
Well having read both threads NIKNAK seemed to me to be taking two different tacks. ATCO having "drink" taken spotted by plod and suggested he return home ..well done plod ...Pilot having drink taken...never let him fly again .Flying Lawyer posed a question which may have made the poster consider his position......just my observations

Heliport
20th Dec 2006, 08:02
Well having read both threads NIKNAK seemed to me to be taking two different tacks. ATCO having "drink" taken spotted by plod and suggested he return home ..well done plod ...Pilot having drink taken...never let him fly again .Flying Lawyer posed a question which may have made the poster consider his position......just my observations

The sequence is consistent with what you suggest might be the explanation.

For info:

The Mods did not delete either thread.
Several people asked if the thread in R&N could be saved for future reference because of powerful posts by LProuse and Chuck Ellsworth which contained valuable information, so we kept a copy in our archives.
Lucky we did because when niknak deleted it (as the originator), we were able to restore it - re-hosted to protect it from further attempts to delete.

Heliport