PDA

View Full Version : EL Berriel Gran Canaria ???

Balbriggancc
14th Dec 2006, 21:31
Hi I Was over in Gran Canaria the Previous two years and came across El Berriel aerodrome near playa Del, they seem to have a flying club there, I was just wondering of anyone has ever rented a plane from there I believe they have 2 c150s and 2 152s.

I am going back over in march and I should have my PPL by then and was hoping to do a couple of hours while there if I can Avoid having a hang over for 1 day.

Any info much appreciated.

El Grifo
14th Dec 2006, 21:35
Try these :-

00 34 928 157000
00 34 928 157325

Balbriggancc
14th Dec 2006, 21:38
mi espanol no es muy bueno.

El Grifo
14th Dec 2006, 21:44
No es una problema senor, los chicos esta habla ingles super bueno :ok:

Balbriggancc
15th Dec 2006, 02:29
Ok Thank you! I will ring before I leave.

muchos gracias! :)

tonyhalsall
15th Dec 2006, 08:28
I rented from there some years ago (early 1990's). The runway is quite short and paved and directly underneath the extended centre line of LPA.
If I recall the circuit was quite low and at the time I was flying their Pa28's with 180 horses so you were up at circuit height quite sharpish.
It's a great way to see Gran Canaria

El Grifo
15th Dec 2006, 08:48
The runway is underneath the very very extended centerline with very few AC flying so far south on the pattern. Any that do are away above 3500'

El Berreil T/O is invariably in the opposite direction.

No worries. Enjoy :)

A_Pommie
15th Dec 2006, 10:14
I rented a PA 28 last year whilst on honeymoon there. I took an instructor due to only having a NPPL and not having flown with a training wheel for a couple of years. I flew the hole trip and the instructor just did the radio (all in Spanish) Good way to see the island.
Interesting that we didn't have headsets and the instructor used the clock on his mobile phone to time the flight.
Flying inland to avoid La Palma was interesting, they don't seam to have a 500' rule over there!

Balbriggancc
15th Dec 2006, 12:45
What about flying solo has anyone had any experience. I suppose at least one hour with an instructor would be compulsory.

A Pommie do u remember how much they charged??

A_Pommie
15th Dec 2006, 13:07
Sorry no idea. I don't recall it being silly money but I wasn't really bothered, I just wanted to take my wife for a flight round the island.

tonyhalsall
15th Dec 2006, 13:49
Yes I went solo. Had to get my licence endorsed, have a Spanish medical and check flight and then rented whenever I wanted. Unfortunately, this was in the early 1990's with a CAA licence so neither cost nor procedure would be valid now if you have a new licence.Whatever it is I think you may find it a ballache just to go solo flying whilst you on holiday.

Established Localiser
15th Dec 2006, 17:07
Yes , I flew from there about 2 years ago , rented a PA28 , really nice organisation , aircraft were well equipped.
They fitted me in at short notice also
A few pictures here
http://groups.msn.com/AerialPhotosHolidayPhotos/grancanaria.msnw
Cheers
EL

Balbriggancc
15th Dec 2006, 17:48
Nice pics. It looks Even better than I thought. The west coast of the Island has some Nice Scenery.

CC

Thumpango
16th Dec 2006, 17:05
I visited Gran Canaria in November and my hotel "Airtours Beach club" had a brilliant view of the threshold. Lots of activity, mostly Cessnas but I did spot a PA28 doing circuits. Unfortunately I wasn't there long enough to take in a flight. I had emailed them before hand but got no reply.

Stunning views I should imagine from the air.