PDA

View Full Version : weather

A330 Dreamer
14th Dec 2006, 03:42
been unable to fly in 5 weeks due to constant bad weather up here in scotland for the duration of this period!

any one else in the same boat?

maybe santa will bring us some calm days where METARs arent reporting winds gusting at 37kts!

Captain Smithy
14th Dec 2006, 06:04
Yes, indeedy! Add to that various colds, the flu...

EastMids
14th Dec 2006, 09:49
any one else in the same boat?
Given the number of recent flood warnings, maybe being in a boat isn't a bad thing? :ouch:

Four weeks for me this weekend, mainly due x-winds out of limits.

Andy

Slopey
14th Dec 2006, 09:55
Ditto here on the wind - it's been beautifull sunny days for the last week up here, but with a gale blowing at 90 degress to the runway! Typical. Oh well, better to be down here wishing I was up there....

Seagull61
14th Dec 2006, 17:16
Here in wet and windy Norway, we are celebrating our 70th day in a row with rain.....last fully dry day was 4th October apparently....anyone beat that?

That in it`s self is impressive, but it also seems to be combined with a howling 35kts wind.......no flying for 4 weeks for me thus far!

batninth
14th Dec 2006, 17:42
All,

Same here in North Yorkshire (ok, but not Norway). Grass runways are waterloged so no lessons for five weeks as well. At least I'm getting time to read the books

HR200
15th Dec 2006, 19:16
Me 2, i fly from EGNM (leeds) and I have had loads of flights cancelled. Having recently got my PPL, i just wanna do some flying, next couple of days looking good though:)

I still get the withdrawal symptoms when I don't fly!!

high-hopes
15th Dec 2006, 22:04
Winds at 40 knots.... non stop horizontal rain.... floodings....
Flight Academy Scotland.... Ian Vaughan....

a few reasons why it's hard to get flying in Scotland this winter ;)

BAe 146-100
15th Dec 2006, 22:56
Same in North West UK too. :{

Picking up from now onwards though, tommorow looks good for the whole of the UK. :ok:

BAe 146

Rod1
16th Dec 2006, 11:25
Down in Leicester we have three hard runways, which solves the x wind problem and the wet grass issue. I have been flying almost every weekend for many weeks and life is good.

Unfortunately, the permit and upgrade work I have planned has been put back and put back as I am flying too much!

Rod1