PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair 1 - Easyjet 0

Blackshirt
13th Aug 2001, 16:33
Just saw on BBC News at One that Tony Blaar and family are in fact jetting off on Hols with Ryanair not Easyjet - perhaps his spin doctors thought it better to show solidarity with the Irish over the troubled peace process, whilst similatiously showing his distane to the Greeks over the Elgin Marbles???? - or I am reading too much into it?

[ 13 August 2001: Message edited by: Blackshirt ]

swashplate
13th Aug 2001, 17:21
Love it Blackshirt... :D :D

Suppose Stelios will have to take down those annoying ads of his...... :D :D

brabazon
13th Aug 2001, 17:29
Here's the link to the story on BBC News Online:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_1488000/1488761.stm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely easyJet would have to have the passengers' names to match against their passports on check in.

Anyway wonder how much extra money easyJet get for the non-showing and hence non-refundable tickets?

Also, if they were going to Nice with easyJet which destination are they going to with the Ryans?

Mooney
13th Aug 2001, 18:25
"Downing Street has not said why the Blairs have changed their minds about Easyjet. "

Perhaps the Blairs had watched Airline on ITV!

13th Aug 2001, 19:40
YAWN

Herod
13th Aug 2001, 20:30
Who cares where he's going, as long as he's GOING. Anyone know how we can pull up the drawbridge while he's away?

Doors to Automatic
13th Aug 2001, 20:48
Does that mean John "Reasonable Force" Prescott is in charge?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

fokker
13th Aug 2001, 21:43
...just hope it was a one-way ticket...

you haven't seen me, right?

schoolkid
13th Aug 2001, 22:28
UP THE IRISH

autobrakemedium
14th Aug 2001, 11:26
Does make me giggle to see Stelios snubbed.

Do you think that he is now going to sue TB as he seems to try to sue everybody else?

boris
14th Aug 2001, 13:31
Ho, ho, f***ing ho.
Stelios gets it up him and Blairzgone, both at the same time!
:D :D :D :D

Crepello
14th Aug 2001, 18:34
I have to hand it to Stelios, the easyJet press release would make Max Clifford proud. Pure class. Text as follows:

-----
TONY BLAIR? C'EST LA VIE!
13 August 2001

Contrary to what Number 10 Downing Street told the press a few weeks ago, Tony Blair will not, after all, be taking his family to southern France with easyJet this summer.

What a disappointment - for the other 144 passengers who would have been on their flight. We were hoping that the UK's first family would have joined the 2,000 people who fly with easyJet from the UK to Nice every day. With nine flights a day during the summer, they were bound to have got a bargain.

Never mind. C'est la vie, as they say in Nice.

We welcome everybody on our aircraft. And no-one gets preferential treatment. We've now got a few more seats for other customers. So, anyone fancy a weekend in Monaco?

More seriously though, the PM has chosen to fly to a destination in southwest France to which we don't fly. We are delighted, however, that he has chosen to endorse the sector by flying with another low-cost airline.

Go-getter
14th Aug 2001, 18:39
..... and , of course, the fact that Mrs. Blair and Family have already flown with GO a number of times is neither here nor there I suppose :)

[ 14 August 2001: Message edited by: Go-getter ]

SkyClear
14th Aug 2001, 21:14
No!

sgt.culpepper
15th Aug 2001, 17:20
Great news for the other pax on the Blair trip ,....the flight is sure to operate. Unlike the FR one from Beauvais last wed 8th aug which eventually departed the following day 18 hours late. MoL is getting soft in the head though,the delayed pax were offered a drink of water (free!).

Michael Jeffs
18th Aug 2001, 01:34
I know the real reason Big Tony changed carrier. easyJet dont sell "Bud" on their flights whereas Ryan do.

Tony is actually a lager lout prefering the King of Beers to Stella.

Viaggra stops you from falling out of bed !

rover2701
18th Aug 2001, 01:52
How small and petty minded are my fellow ppruners. Are you all so small minded that the elected Prime Minister of this great nation comes in for so much vitriol. I think he should be using the so called royal squadron 146s. Get rid of the royals and lets get an elected head of state so the aircraft can be put to good use not ferrying some old granny and her dogs on holiday :mad: :mad: :mad:

boris
18th Aug 2001, 02:35
Elected by around 25% of the electorate!

Still, thats more votes than Granny, I suppose.

[ 17 August 2001: Message edited by: boris ]

SkyClear
18th Aug 2001, 04:09
I wouldn't put it past MOL, knowing that Blair was travelling with Ryanair, to have phoned up EasyJet and booked tickets to Nice for a Mr T Blair and family c/o 10 Downing Street!

rover2701
18th Aug 2001, 13:09
Boris
May only have been 25% of the electorate, buts thats more than the other parties, and dont forget because the 48% who didnt vote in the last election didnt put there cross on the ballot paper they shouldnt be moaning and complaining about the government they got. The answer lies in all our hands. I wonder how many votes would queeny and family realy get if they had to put up for election??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: