PDA

View Full Version : Beech 77 Skipper for sale in Europe ?

loewy
12th Dec 2006, 19:33
Hi all !

I KNOW THIS FORUM IS NOT MEANT AS A SALES FORUM but I am looking for an aircraft that was built in scarce numbers and is very hard to find - at least in Europe - so any help from fellow PPLs is welcome.

I am seriously considering buying a Skipper for building hours during a couple of years. I was trained on this type and find it really nice to fly. The school that trained me has four and I know they would be happy to have a fifth for partial use. This also means that I would have no problem re: maintenance.

Anyone aware of a good Skipper for sale in Europe at this point in time ? I can't seem to find a single one other than in the US.

Thx in advance for any help and... good landings !

L

rogcal
13th Dec 2006, 09:22
In all sincerity Loewy, why not go for a T'Hawk.

I got a few hours in on a Skipper when visiting the States a few years back and the differences between the two are negligible.

Both have a max wing life (T'Hawk 11k hrs. Skipper 12k hrs) but only the T'hawk has a wing life extension mod available which will extend the total wing life to 18.5k hrs. Plenty of T'hawk spares around and the same powerplant makes life even easier.

If it helps, I believe there were a couple of Skippers on the Irish register. Might be worth checking these out to see if they may be available.

Good luck.

dublinpilot
13th Dec 2006, 10:11
The Irish register can be found by clicking here. (http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/aircr_reg.asp)

loewy
13th Dec 2006, 10:13
Thx so much for your prompt reply, Rogcal.

I DON'T WANT TO SPARK THE NEVER-ENDING DEBATE AGAIN but I must admit that I may be (subconsciously) influenced by the mixed reputation of the Piper T'Hawk. On the more objective side - although I have never flown the Piper - I hear that the finish quality and the roominess of the Beech are superior.

Thanks again and good landings,

L

pa_24_260
13th Dec 2006, 12:02
I know of a Skipper that would probably be for sale in Sweden. As far as I know, it isn't advertised, but I have heard first hand from the owner of the FTO it belongs to that he has a wish to sell it (this was during the summer).

You can view pictures of the plane at http://www.flyguppdraget.com/ if you follow the link "Flygplan" to the left.

If you want to enquire about the plane, the owner's contact details are listed under the link "Kontakta oss". His name is Jerry.

/Thomas