PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide

600rvr
9th Dec 2006, 02:06
I was just offered DESO and had two questions for anyone that could answer.

1. How long did CX take to get you over there from your initial job offer? They have told me Sept. 2007, (9mths) I was wondering if this ends up stretched or shorter. I am trying to decide between taking a good corporate gig and paying the guy something if I leave early or sucking it up at my current job.

2. Is it just the HK licence conversion that is done in Adelaide? is the training corriculum pretty laid back or intense? Is bringing my wife down there allowed... or a good idea.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

marbles1
9th Dec 2006, 04:47
the approx. time cx gives you now will normally be when you start however there are exceptions. Adelaide is preparing you for the license conversion and with the exception of the duchess training all other examinations will be done in Hong Kong. The pace is laid back compared to what you will experience in Hong Kong but putting effort into the course in Adelaide is certainly worth the time. I would advise against bringing your wife. Between the time you put into the course and all the drinking you will be doing there really isn't any time left to do the family thing.

600rvr
9th Dec 2006, 20:54
ok, thanks for the feedback guys. What kind of accomodation do Cathay provide in Adelaide? Do they just put you up in a Hotel?

cheers,

marbles1
9th Dec 2006, 21:58
When you are offered a course date CX will supply you with all the info you need. Just briefly, you will stay on the campus at Flight Training Adelaide. They have 4 bedroom bungalows which you will share with your course mates. All meals are supplied and you will be given apprx. 400aus for spending money.