PDA

View Full Version : Manchester departures

MAN777
6th Dec 2006, 08:46
Interested to know if the afternoon / nightime curfew on 24L is ever likely to be removed ? Also the ridiculous dogleg around Knutsford, I would have thought that in these times of energy savings and all things green that this detour is not sustainable.

thoughts please.

AeroMANC
6th Dec 2006, 10:34
I understand the nightime curfew is part of the planning conditions associated with Runway 06R-24L and therefore has a legal basis. The use of Runway 06R/24L is permitted at night in emergency situations or for planned maintenance which has been notified to the local councils.

The afternoon closure is not covered by these conditions or any local agreements and is simply a matter of changing the MAPLC & NATS contract, recruitment of additional controllers etc. I believe discussions are underway but the lead-in time is 12/18months due new ATCO training. I suspect the Authority will need to consult the locals too.

I agree, the Honiley SID's are a disaster and cannot be good for runway capacity, surely the authority need to look at at expanding the range of aircraft types using the LISTO SID's for starters.

AeroMANC.