PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit sound ringtones

garp
6th Dec 2006, 07:05
A few months ago whilst working behind the scopes we heard the TCAS warning on the background of a pilot's readback. For some reason we thought that it would be pretty cool to have that "TRAFFIC TRAFFIC etc" sound as a ringtone for the mobile. A search didn't reveal any source for this until I bumped into this website a couple of days ago where you can download a number of sounds. The coolest being the GPWS off-course, that whoop whoop sound does it for me. http://www.aviationringtones.com/

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
6th Dec 2006, 07:18
I see.... methinks you had better mention this at your next medical!!

begbie
6th Dec 2006, 07:22
oh dear....

Quincy M.E.
6th Dec 2006, 09:42
If you were so inclinded to do so I would definately not PAY for the sounds. Just search for them and add them using your phone/pc sowftware. If you have flight sim there are loads of sound files to choose from!

mgTF
28th Aug 2007, 12:45
Hi, I'm looking for the TA ringtones "Traffic Traffic" as alert for sms, but the site quoted above sim's not working anymore, do you have any idea?

Quincy M.E.
28th Aug 2007, 12:52
If you got to web sites that provide free models for flight sim A/C many of them have sound files which include 'traffic-traffic' and the like. I cant remember the name at the moment of the sites but just look at google for 'flight sim models' or something like that. If you still have no joy ill look at home and give you a link for the model i got mine from.

Q

PS I am not a geek!

28th Aug 2007, 12:58
$1,99 for a ringtone? I would recommend surfing around a little......

surf bum
28th Aug 2007, 14:34
Sitting at the Radar 2 position, 1 mile SRA in marginal weather.

The wife phones... !!Whoop, Whoop, Terrain, Terrain, Pull Up, Pull Up"!!

O My God, where did he go?

As the title suggests, better have lots of ink in the pen, ready for the forms:8

Surf Bum
Its not ours yet but we are getting there!!

Max Angle
28th Aug 2007, 14:47
Just come on down to the ramp, come on board and ask us to hit a few test buttons, you can have them for free and have a coffee at the same time!.

norvenmunky
28th Aug 2007, 15:25
Anyone got the LHR go-around alarm?:eek:

ImnotanERIC
28th Aug 2007, 16:25
I hear that enough without hearing it on the bus/train/in shops. AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!

norvenmunky
28th Aug 2007, 17:24
i went to car-giant and it goes off everytime the traffic barrier goes up....kept ****ting me pants....lol:eek:

Roffa
28th Aug 2007, 17:42
Lots of samples foc here. (http://www.atcbox.com/modules.php?name=html-ringtones)