PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Sidestick

Craggenmore
4th Dec 2006, 09:29
In the cruise you accidently break the force on the sidestick. Firstly the AP will disengage, but, will the a/c pitch and roll to where the stick was accidently displaced to?

In the FCOM, it says that the AP will disengage but that's all. I did several different tests with the sidestick force and priority p/b's during line training but can't put my finger on it.

Thanks...

Jet II
4th Dec 2006, 09:42
Firstly the AP will disengage, but, will the a/c pitch and roll to where the stick was accidently displaced to?
Thanks...

one would hope so - youd bee in deep do-dah if it didn't. :ok:

dartagnan
4th Dec 2006, 09:43
I presume it will continue to roll (or pitch)to his maximum limit authorized by the logic if the stick stay in his maximum deflection.
you may get back on your course and attitude with the other stick.

Speevy
4th Dec 2006, 10:01
it will disconnect the AP, and comand the attitude change according the position of the sidestick and Normal law with its protections...
Done it once incidentally....
Speevy

Mudfoot
4th Dec 2006, 10:02
I would hope for a warning, either aural or visual, to alert you to this. Doesn't the input have to be more than an instantaneous "bump"? But yes, expect any "chosen" angle, even unintentionally, to continue until counter-acted.

...and what are you doing leaning out the window anyway? Stop yelling at the passers-by and get back to work! lol :rolleyes:

Speevy
4th Dec 2006, 10:11
You also get a level 1 wng with master wng and associated aural wng..
Bcause you get a AP disconnected ecam Wng..
Speevy

Svider
4th Dec 2006, 13:10
Anytime in the air (assuming flight computers working) when you move the stick from the center you get a roll/pitch demand. If the autopilot was engaged you just have to put some extra force to disconnect it.

happy landings

Craggenmore
4th Dec 2006, 13:15
I guess the force system is to stop you unintentionally upsetting the flight path, as it will respond, with a careless knock. I think I've answered my own question!!

Thanks for the replies.

WindSheer
5th Dec 2006, 09:39
I would hope for a warning, either aural or visual, to alert you to this. Doesn't the input have to be more than an instantaneous "bump"? But yes, expect any "chosen" angle, even unintentionally, to continue until counter-acted.

You will get the AP disconnect warning, you dont need anything else.