PDA

View Full Version : rating split

spike_scramble
3rd Dec 2006, 21:53
Hi there!

I've a question.... As you might know, in Germany we've got a rating split a few years ago as they split off the APP from the TWR. I gained my TWR-license after this split, so I'm just "able to provide a initial DEP separation", not a full APP service. Now I'm looking for a new TWR challenge abroad but I'm not quite sure which country did this split as well.
So guys out there, would you please be so kind and post your countries preference regarding TWR/APP?!

Thx in advance, Spike.

djdruid
4th Dec 2006, 05:23
Hi!

In my country (NL) the civil airports have a combined TWR/APP unit, with the exception of EHRD.

spike_scramble
8th Dec 2006, 17:52
I thought to get more contributions.... ;) Thanks for each one....

Geffen
8th Dec 2006, 19:14
The UK has tower only airports. Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, London city. Not sure on recruitment from other agencies though.

SM4 Pirate
8th Dec 2006, 20:54
Spike,

In Oz we have three applicable types of ratings (excluding GAAP). TWR (radar); Approach (radar); TWR/APP (procedural). The TWR (R) is for busy locations, with a separate approach unit associated to it; or regional locations class D aerodromes with airspace out to 30NM so they provide Approach and TWR services. So the answer to your question is; there is no preference, in our neck of the woods.