PDA

View Full Version : HMY In The News

extreme P
3rd Dec 2006, 20:25
December 01, 2006
Fly boy grounds himself

Gary Collins will no longer be flying the friendly skies with Harmony Airways. Earlier today, the company announced the former provincial finance minister had resigned as its president. In an interview with Public Eye, Mr. Collins explained he made the decision because there's "something else that I'm looking at" - specifically two other career opportunities. "And hopefully you'll hear from me in the not-to distance future." And what opportunities is he considering, you may wonder? "I'm not in a position to make an announcement or commitment at this point," stated Mr. Collins. Although he did say it wouldn't involve the Liquour Stores Income Fund or work with the British Columbia government. When ask whether he would consider a return to politics, Mr. Collins responded, "Maybe sometime within the next millenium. But I'm still in detox. I'm not there yet. I'd never rule it out. But it's certainly not something on this side of the horizon." The following is a complete copy of the aforementioned announcement.

Kirk Henderson Named Interim President at Harmony Airways
Former Jim Pattison Group Vice-Chair Replaces Gary Collins

Richmond, BC (December 1, 2006): Harmony Airways Chairman and owner Dr David T.K. Ho today announced that Kirk Henderson, former Vice-Chairman of the Jim Pattison Group, has been named interim President following the resignation of Gary Collins who had been with the Vancouver-based airline for two years.

"Gary brought a tremendous profile and professionalism to our airline, and his organizational skills allowed us to re-structure and grow our business, particularly in the Hawaii market where Harmony has become a leader among Canadian carriers," said Dr Ho. "As we carry out our search for a new President, I'm very pleased that Kirk Henderson is available to join us and help prepare us for future growth. Kirk's business experience, and in particular his years with the Jim Pattison Group, will provide the leadership that's needed during this interim period."

Collins thanked Ho and the entire Harmony team for the opportunity to help build a British Columbia success story.

"I'm really proud of what our team accomplished over the past couple of years," said Collins. "We took a fledgling local airline and made it a household name with a great reputation for customer service. In the process, we made Harmony's name synonymous with Hawaii and other sunshine destinations."

Dr Ho said that while the airline has long-term plans to fly to China, the core of its current business continues to be vacation destinations, particularly Maui, Honolulu and Las Vegas.

"Like our entire team, I'm committed to the continued success of Harmony, and I'm particularly pleased that Gary will stay on with us as a member of our board of advisors," added Dr Ho.

The other members of the Harmony Airways board of advisors are Steve Bellringer, William (Bill) Dalton, William (Bill) Cohen, Anthony von Mandl, John Reynolds, Greg McDougall, David Chu, Lyall Knott, Robert (Bob) Weins, and Doug Black.

"I'm very pleased to join the Harmony team, and like Dr Ho, I'm excited about preparing the airline for future growth in the years ahead," added Henderson. "The potential is tremendous and the Harmony brand has become a popular choice for travelers, particularly when it comes to the discerning leisure travel market."

Harmony Airways flies year-round, non-stop service to Hawaii from Vancouver and Calgary. Other year-round service from Vancouver includes Las Vegas and Toronto. Seasonal services include flights to Hawaii from Kelowna, Edmonton, and Victoria, as well as Palm Springs and San Francisco from Vancouver. Hotels, car rentals, and vacation packages are offered through Harmony Vacations.

Rollingthunder
4th Dec 2006, 03:59
Well he didn't last very long.....and apparently didn't do very much.