PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff flight academy

SFH
3rd Dec 2006, 16:30
Anyone know anything about the place? Good place to learn? facilities, instructors, value etc.
When I searched it there's very little information on the academy. And their site doesn't provide much either :ugh:

Thanks

Paat
12th Dec 2006, 18:26
Hi,

I have flown in to Cardiff on a couple of occaisions and so have been through the club building. The school appears to be very professional with keen and enthusiastic Flt Instructors who all wear the flt school's uniform.

But I would suggest taking a visit down there to see first hand and find out more information.

Regards

Phil

dan498
26th Jan 2008, 12:04
im not sure were to be posting this so if im rong can you direct me in the right way. im in collage and going to uni next year studying for my b1 a/c license but want to do my ppl but time and money are constraning me at the mo. i spoken to a few people local to cardiff airport and said to ask around to see if thier is any one willing to let me go flying with them, just for the experiance and ill help towards the cost as much as i can, if any one noes any thing or any one can some one let me know.
cheers guys, dan

dan498
26th Jan 2008, 12:09
sorry i for got about the question as well, i work at the back of the aviation academy in the CAE light aircraft hanger. the faciliys are spot on and the instructors are really nice guys, thier some tidy aircraft thier as well SY VB to name a few. if youre not local to the area its quite hard to find though, were all ways waiting on deleverys but the drivers dont know how to get to the hanger so that would be worth looking at if youre driving to it first.

ioanevans
26th Jan 2008, 13:52
Hi,

Im doing my PPL at Cardiff. The instructors are great, nice mix of people training for future ATPL, and people who are ex airliners which i really enjoy learning from.

Learning from Cardiff is brilliant, Class D airspace and your flying with the big jets. Learning from here will give you great experience.

I found it difficult at first to grasp RT with trying to fly the aircraft, but thats all going good after a while.

Ioan