PDA

View Full Version : PAX after ppl test pass

captain_rossco
3rd Dec 2006, 15:02
What might be the situation with regards to carrying passenegers (post ppl test pass) in the states.

Its a jaa ppl and may have family popping over sometime in jan. Will have decent hours by then but as im over there, no physical licence in my hand.

Hmmmm, to do.

Any advice much appreciated, including diversion to the relevant legislative page!

Thanks.

Rossco

P.S Am aware of the 3 landings and takeoffs over previous 90 days law. Have consulted LASORS.

captain_rossco
3rd Dec 2006, 17:40
i accessed this page throgh clicking on non airline forums / private flying

potkettleblack
3rd Dec 2006, 19:26
I stand to be corrected but its my understanding that until you have the licence in your hand then you can't take pax. When I was hour building after successfully passing the skill test PPL(JAA) in the US I had to get endorsements from my instructor for each flight until the mail finally arrived from the CAA with my licence. Whether or not a faxed copy will suffice I am not sure.

3 Point
3rd Dec 2006, 22:06
Until the licence has been issued by the CAA you don't have a licence, until it has your signature on it it is not valid. You can not act as a pilot and fly with passengers without a valid licence. I know it makes no sense but that's the way it is.

3 Point

rudestuff
4th Dec 2006, 16:10
Of course, you could just get an FAA PPL. I went to the states to get a JAA PPL (big mistake) - my roommate did the FAA course - surprise surprise, when we both passed he was out flying everyday with hot chicks and I was flying around solo on my student pilot certificate with instructors endorsements! - and his FAA ticket was valid back in the UK! In the end I got an FAA certificate and threw my JAA pass certificate away.
The only downside is that the FAA PPL is a bit harder - but you'll enjoy your hour building a lot more - and if you plan to become a professional pilot you'll look back on your hour-building time as some of the most fun flying.