PDA

View Full Version : Flex Power T/O different types

wotan
27th Nov 2006, 18:02
Hello,

I'm trying to get an idea of the different flight manual procedures (or the way its performed in the real world) for different types of biz jets incl ACJ & BBJ, Gulfstream, Challenger? Global etc...

What procedure/technique does your flight manual impose.

ie for a GIV you must bring the power up to 1.5 EPR for 15 seconds before releasing the brakes.

How does this compare to other types?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Defenestrator
27th Nov 2006, 20:21
Would you make reference to the flight AOM as to where it says that power has to be bought up to 1.5 EPR before releasing brakes. (or the way its performed in the real world) The way WHAT is performed??? Your question is rather ambiguous. Care to provide a little more detail?
D:rolleyes:

wotan
28th Nov 2006, 09:24
Apologies for the ambiguity!!

Reference:
GIV operating manual volume 3 I think, 12-01-00 page 1&2 Its the takeoff planning and performance section.

What I am trying to find out is how does this compare to other types. or other techniques.

When I mentioned (or the way its performed in the real world) i was trying to find out how guys operate their a/c GIV when doing flex. Do they go as per the operating manual which lets face it is operationaly difficult (on busy runway eg. EBBR with near enough take off power 1.5EPR for 15 seconds)

Do other manafacturers publish this kind of procedure in their books.

thanks for the comments!