PDA

View Full Version : Instructing on Perf C Aircraft

DoleBoy
27th Nov 2006, 17:12
I have a question regarding instructing on other than Perf 'E' aircraft, a friend
of mine is a CRI and wants to instruct on a Perf 'C' aircraft but only has the
Perf 'E' exam as he is an older instructor and never did the ATPL Exams.

to the best of my knowledge an instructional flight is classed as public transport, but is he exempt from having to do the Perf 'C' exam because it's training not passenger or cargo. Or does the Performance requirement not come into play with instructing on light aircraft.

Regards

DB :confused:

Whopity
27th Nov 2006, 17:40
The Perf C Exam ceased about 6 years ago; it was needed to obtain a Type rating on a Perf C aircraft under UK National rules, all that changed on the implementation of JAR-FCL from 1 Jan 2000. Provided he has the class or type on his licence, a Certificate of Revalidation and an instructor rating to cover it nothing else is required. Instruction is aerial work not public transport.

llanfairpg
6th Dec 2006, 01:32
Instruction is aerial work not public transport.

Wrong: Instruction is aerial work if the student and instructor are a member of the same club. I give instruction on jets and i can assure you neither me or the FO are members of the same club.That instruction takes place on a public transport flight with an AOC and is ruled by the ops manual. All sounds like another thread dosnt it?

Whopity
6th Dec 2006, 16:47
That hardly makes the "Instructing" Public Transport!