PDA

View Full Version : NATS Flying Club

UlsterPPL
25th Nov 2006, 12:12
Hi all,
I know I may be posting at the wrong forum :oh: but I believe this is where most NATS people gather.
I am likely to join NATS as an engineer and just wonder if there is a NATS staff flying club so that I can continue to practise my PPL flying skill at the weekends may be at a discounted rate while working and doing my ATPL distance learning?
Your information is very much appreciated!

Scuzi
25th Nov 2006, 21:11
Not that I'm aware of. There is the occasional aircraft share advertised on the noticeboards but I haven't heard anything about a flying club.

eastern wiseguy
25th Nov 2006, 21:26
I seem to remember an assisted flying scheme years ago...but no doubt this has been scrapped.

UlsterPPL
26th Nov 2006, 12:34
Thank you for sharing the information. :)

Flybywyre
26th Nov 2006, 13:25
When you are employed by NATS you can join either Southern Flyers or Swanwick Flyers depending on where you are based. Both have accesss to some discounted aircraft.
PM me if you would like further details.
Regards
FBW

chevvron
26th Nov 2006, 14:53
Used to be a NATS Flying GROUP based at Denham using the old Air Gregory Cessnas; I declined to join as it seemed to be a couple of NATS employees (one ATSA and one ATE) who would be runing entirely for their own convenience ie probably just hours building to get their CPLs in the days when that was possible.

SATCO Biggin
27th Nov 2006, 09:32
Anyone remember 'Natfly', or some similar name, given to an annual fly-in by PPL holding NATS staff. I attended a couple back in the early 80's.

Do they still hold this event?

Talkdownman
28th Nov 2006, 02:35
Anyone remember 'Natfly', or some similar name, given to an annual fly-in by PPL holding NATS staff. I attended a couple back in the early 80's.Do they still hold this event?Yes, I think that there were a couple of Natflys around '82 / '83 organised by a couple of up-and-coming young ATCOs. I dunno what happened to them. Or the Natflys. I have a vague memory of lobbing into a Natfly at White Waltham. Southern Flyers at White Waltham is probably your best bet. They have some good days out!

UlsterPPL
28th Nov 2006, 16:16
I will be based at CTC, Whiteley Fareham. Am I eligible to join one of the flyers group?

Flybywyre
28th Nov 2006, 16:41
Check your PM's tomorrow morning :ok:
Regards
FBW