PDA

View Full Version : finishing a FI elsewhere

escobar
24th Nov 2006, 23:05
Hi,

Started my fi in 1 country but due to the weather want to finish it in another country, both would end up bein JAA licenses, would this be acceptable?

FormationFlyer
25th Nov 2006, 01:20
Hi,
Started my fi in 1 country but due to the weather want to finish it in another country, both would end up bein JAA licenses, would this be acceptable?

You need to ensure that your student records are transfered from one FTO to the other. I would also get the previous FTO to sign up your logbook as true and correct at the time of the transfer.

Hope this helps.

escobar
25th Nov 2006, 09:14
hi,

thanks for that. I was more referring to the fact that i;d be swapping states ie. uk jaa to spanish jaa, would this be allowed?

LFS
25th Nov 2006, 13:38
You are probably best advised to check with the authority that has issued the licence you are attaching the rating to. It should be allowed but things are not always straightforward in JAR land.

Whopity
25th Nov 2006, 16:05
Normally, all training and testing should be carried out by one State. You will need to submit your training records and the reason for changing FTOs, to the CAA, who may give you credit towards doing the training in the UK. The amount of training required may well be left to the training provider to assess.