PDA

View Full Version : A320 First Class Dunny

pakeha-boy
24th Nov 2006, 14:56
....Men!!!!....yesterday was a hard day indeed and a smelly one...

Have on several occasions found myself dry-heaving in the cockpit due to the smell from the first class dunny,situated behind the capts seat.

Yesterday was no exception and believe you me,if it had been me I would have owned up to it,but this was foul......

Have sent several emails to Airbus explaining this situation and no response....ie Could you please use a better extract fan..

Be interested to hear from other A-jocks if the waffle infiltrates your cockpit and has it ever become a problem....as I stated,yesterday was the worst,but the occurances are commom....PB

haughtney1
24th Nov 2006, 15:01
Have on several occasions found myself dry-heaving in the cockpit due to the smell from the first class dunny,situated behind the capts seat.

Yesterday was no exception and believe you me,if it had been me I would have owned up to it,but this was foul......

Bloody hell PB, what are your CC feeding the self loading freight? :E

pakeha-boy
24th Nov 2006, 15:06
probably....Puha,porkbones,water-cress and pakeha.......and a couple of dough balls ....washed down with a lion brown:yuk: :} :{ PB

Max Angle
24th Nov 2006, 15:56
If you think the A320 is bad you should have smelt the 737, it seemed that the aircon vented straight from the loo to the flightdeck, vile.

Dan Winterland
25th Nov 2006, 03:19
A common problem, it's worse on the 321 for some reason. I heard that it's due to there being a small drain hole for the flight deck floor so that engineers and crew that are wet from walk-rounds in the rain don't leave puddles. This connects to the toilet vent - hence the bad smells. Our aircraft were supposed to have the problem fixed with a one way valve but we still get the smells sometimes.

idg
25th Nov 2006, 03:30
Actually DW it's not the drain hole in the flight deck floor. We blocked one up and still got the smells. The solution was a fix in the mid toilet area of the 321. From memory it was something to do with a vent into the recirc fan area which sent the smells straight to the flight deck. Could be wrong so will ask the techs on Monday and repost.