PDA

View Full Version : B737 Classic Minimum ENGINE OIL

LEM
23rd Nov 2006, 09:03
The minimum engine oil for dispatch seems to be 60% (also from the maintenance manual)...

In my old notes I have found that the minimum is 60% for maintenance alert, but the MINIMUM for dispatch is 50%.

Also Pat Boone's MRG says the same thing.

So actually what is the MINIMUM FOR DISPATCH?

Thanks LEM

Cough
23rd Nov 2006, 16:02
Our manual (non Boeing) has 60% as a min for dispatch.

Given that I have rarely seen much less than 85% after a days flying, if the oils were to indicate something less than 60% then I would probably wouldn't dispatch without an engineer first finding out where the oil has gone...

yrvld
23rd Nov 2006, 19:48
Our engineers say 70% or 12 liters (for the classic indicators). It's just a "guideline" as I suspect, but i find it a conservative one and as the previous post say, various books go as low as 50% but I have rarely seen less than 75-80%. The best approach is to call mx when you see it approaching 70%.
On the other hand, would be nice to have an official minimum oil qty since the amplified procedures state that you should verify it before flight..oh well..boeing..
rgds.

vapilot2004
24th Nov 2006, 07:34
3 gallons or above for the JT8Ds - or about 70-75%.

#2 always went below minimum first no matter which aircraft we had as the reservoir held about 1/2 gal less than on #1.