PDA

View Full Version : nats motivation paper

decy
22nd Nov 2006, 21:06
:) hey everyone:) i have my firt stage selection on the 8th of december in london for nats,im travellin from cork (not that where im travellin from has anything to do with this post)

anyway im just wondering about the motivation paper i was told to read up on this big long paper which i found very interesting but what exactly is it for and should i study like i was doin my college exams or something??

all info is greatly appreciated even stuff i have left out,,im quite nervous about the day

thanks a lot :)

SACrIGGER
23rd Nov 2006, 01:16
The motivation paper is a very simple multiple choice exam. If you have read the booklet a couple of times, it will be no problem at all.
The questions are made up entirely from the material in the booklet, so no other knowledge is required, apart from some simple speed/distance/time questions, eg an a/c is descending from x altitude and x feet per minute, it had x minutes of fuel left will it make the airport, or two a/c are x distance apart, travelling at x speed, how long/where will they meet.

Like I said all simple stuff really,

Good Luck, Ian.

anotherthing
23rd Nov 2006, 08:06
the motivational paper is exactly that - to see if potential trainees are motivated enough to study for an exam. If you cannot learn whats on the motivational paper you have not got a hope in hells chance of passing all the exams at the college.

It's a good way of weeding out time wasters (especially in the days of a student wage being decent)

Be warned - if you pass the 1st stage and go to interviews, expect to be quizzed severely on anything that you got wrong in the motivational paper test!

Good luck