PDA

View Full Version : B737 T/O Procedure

moscho999
21st Nov 2006, 19:19
Hello everybody,
since a while I have a discussion with friends about the correct procedure during T/O, regarding forward pressure.
In my eyes the correct way to do a 737 T/O, is giving light forward pressure in the low speed part, e.g. up to 80 knots and once the rudder is working releasing the pressure. Approaching Vr I am trying to find the pressure point in the elevator dead band so I could smoothly rotate a Vr.

Most of my friends hold the fwd pressure a lot longer and at Vr they have to overcome the dead band before rotating.
Apart of the little information in th eFCTM I am not able to find an instruction about the right method.

Could you help?

Many Thanks!

sjm
21st Nov 2006, 20:20
Your Spot on works very well, most guys i fly with use the same method.:ok:
What is the arguement for holding the nose wheel down above 80kts, on an improved climb the thing wants to leap off the ground long brfore Vr so cant see using this technique would do the nose gear any good in this situation.

frogone
22nd Nov 2006, 17:51
If you have a copy of the Flight Crew Training Manual, just go by what it says, should you try your own technique that's not in the book and it goes all pear shaped....in a court of law you don't have a chance! You've just got to picture yourself in the dock before you re-invent the wheel.

IR

Jambo Buana
22nd Nov 2006, 20:44
Yep mossho dont change a thing, you are right your mates are wrong!

Tee Emm
23rd Nov 2006, 22:05
Approaching Vr I am trying to find the pressure point in the elevator dead band so I could smoothly rotate a Vr.

There is nothing in the FCTM or FCOM about a "dead band" except when referring to manual reversion. Someone is pulling your leg...