PDA

View Full Version : Computer Based Training

Callidus
19th Nov 2006, 18:39
Greetings,

I would like you opinions on Computer based training. The reason I ask is that I spend a great deal of time near PC's as I work in IT. I find good visual information easier to process and store. Reading on the screen is (would you believe) easier for me than printed word. I don't have an issue of going down the Book route however, if the CBT alternative in your view is as comprehensive, then I feel this would be the better option for myself.

The series I have been looking at are the 6 Disk PPL CBT and its book set equivalent.

I'm asking you this and not a school as I have a thirst for knowledge and am yet to choose where to learn (Currently trail flying local schools).

Regards
Callidus

rotorspin
21st Nov 2006, 07:39
OAT Media got me through my PPL(H) ;)

Their CD ROM training is top stuff for Met, Law, Radio etc etc

(and no, I am not affiliated in any way)

S-Works
21st Nov 2006, 07:43
I second that. The met CD got me through CPL/IR level met.

LysanderV8
21st Nov 2006, 09:02
I agree. OAT set is excellent, but I also used the Confuser and I think Airquiz.com is great. I still needed the books though for easy reference purposes on occasion.

Lysander

FirstOfficer
21st Nov 2006, 10:12
Hello,

I am using the CBT’s and I do share the same opinion that they are a value to your learning, I like the interaction it makes learning easier and more effective in my opinion than just sitting there and reading a book because sometimes it makes you go to sleep… Air Law for example :ouch: :ooh: ;) :O

Callidus
21st Nov 2006, 11:09
Thanks for the input! I know what you mean FirstOfficer!

I have just recieved the OAT CBT software and im glad it appears ive made a good decision...

The confuser will probably be my next purchase and LysanderV8, Ill give the Airquiz.com a try!