PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Norwich ATZ

SkyHawk-N
18th Nov 2006, 18:33
I saw a letter describing the proposed (by Norwich International not the CAA) ATZ for Norwich International. It would extend to a 7 mile radius from the airport with a stub at the East and West extending for a few more miles. It would be from ground to 6,000 or 6,500 feet.

Apparently they will be asking for feedback and comments! Anyone heard anything else on this proposal?

Chilli Monster
18th Nov 2006, 20:07
Well, if it's an ATZ you've got no problems because "An ATZ assumes the classification of the airspace in which it is situated" - and all around there is Class 'G'.

However - if you mean a CTR for the circular area, CTA for the stubs then you're talking about Class 'D'. Again - what's the problem? So long as they remember it's not "their" airspace, they are just custodians and on that basis it doesn't become a "No-Go" area for GA.

SkyHawk-N
18th Nov 2006, 20:55
what's the problem?

Sorry Chilli, did I say there was a problem? I don't think so. I just asked if anyone had heard anymore about it.

I suppose it will be Class D.

twelveoclockhigh
18th Nov 2006, 21:03
They have been talking about it for some time but no application has ever been made.

Acccording to the minutes of the latest consultative committee: http://www.norwichinternational.com/documents/Oct%209%202006%20Minutes.doc

It is likely to be delayed further whilst they move nav aids.

Who was the letter you saw from? and who was it sent to? might help get to the bottom of this.

SkyHawk-N
18th Nov 2006, 21:08
I think the letter was to a local MP, on Norwich Intl headed paper, in answer to a question which he passed on from one of his constituants.

twelveoclockhigh
18th Nov 2006, 21:15
I suspect that they are trying get everyone used to the idea before they make the application.

niknak
19th Nov 2006, 18:41
Its an application for class D airspace, roughly as described.
No secrets, the project is being worked upon and is well within the public domain, but has a long way to go.
All opinions and constructive arguments for or against, local or otherwise, G/A, Commercial or non aviation persons, are being canvassed by both Norwich Airport and the DAP.

Further info can be obtained from:

Richard Jenner
M.D.
Norwich International Airport Ltd
Amsterdam Way.
Norwich.
NR6 6JA.

SkyHawk-N
19th Nov 2006, 18:50
Thanks Niknak. It would be good for them to put the info up on their web site with a diagram so that we could see it's extent.

niknak
19th Nov 2006, 19:20
Good suggestion, I'll pass that on to the bod who is managing the project, I'm sure he'll do his best.