PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Flying Club?

Say again s l o w l y
16th Nov 2006, 20:35
I had an ex-member of Glasgow flying club in today and he mentioned that it may have been sold and that it is now owned by a single individual.

Is this true, if so is the end of a classic membership owned flying club? If so how much did each of the members get from the sell off?

'India-Mike
16th Nov 2006, 21:14
This'll be interesting.....

Say again s l o w l y
19th Nov 2006, 19:41
It seems a nerve has been struck. That was not the intention. If it isn't true, then just say it. There is no point scoring going on here. I would just like to know whether this chap who came in was well or mis-informed.

It would be very sad if we lost a "classic" club like Glasgow to the pressures of this commercial world. Personally, I'd hate to think there were any problems over there, as if there were, we may end up having no small a/c presence at Glasgow anymore. That isn't good for anyone in this business. Us included.

So Banter, there's no need for such suspicsion. It is a genuine question, one that I hope the answer to is no.

Alley_Cat
8th Dec 2006, 21:20
You have to be kidding!

No one in their right mind would buy it! It seems to be slowly deteriorating around us while our aircraft, members and instructors age and decay.

I heard that a rumour that someone had started a Tomahawk Museum at Glasgow which, of course, only possessed non-flying examples of the type.

The reason being that the instructors have been renamed obstructors as all they seem to do is think up reasons for not flying. Yes, Flying Obstructors - good name for 'em.

Ah, Glasgow, the joy of being a PPL there. I think that I'll just stick to beating myself with a wet birch twig instead of rejoining again next year - that'll be a much less painful experience.

Although I will probably be chucked out for writing this....that's what happens in an authoritarian state when a citizen criticises the Politbureau, isn't it?

Meaaaooow for now.