PDA

View Full Version : Porter Airlines

EMBav8or
16th Nov 2006, 04:03
Any info for Porter captain's interview will be appreciated. I am scheduled for an interview there soon.

Thanks.

rotornut
16th Nov 2006, 14:20
Just be sure to tell them you didn't vote for David Miller!:=

MarkD
21st Nov 2006, 16:28
also tell them to stop giving promo codes to friends and family and start giving them to people who actually have flown with them to give them a chance.

MarkD
22nd Jun 2007, 17:20
Porter just got DoT approval for US services - Newark expected to start Q4 this year or Q1 2008 when Q400s 5+6 arrive.

GreatCircle
18th Jul 2007, 16:28
now back on PPrune after a hiatus LOL...thought I'd throw in a point I had heard...

Yup, Porter has gotten the US licenses nod...

Yup, more Q400s on the way...

On the other had...

Residents in the Tony Beach getting madder and madder as the Q400s come over their million dollar homes with increasing regularity - and a mutiny is coming

AND more importantly, I hear loads are at best patchy, with break even not made on some services, giving rise to some fears...

Comments anyone ??

roundtheworld123
3rd Aug 2007, 02:49
Just curious how someone would know...who works for a completely different airline...that the loads are patchy...let me guess....a friend told u ...we could say the same for some routes that AT flys...No?? give them a chance or perhaps AT would like to fly into the island. better use max auto brake..:rolleyes:))

GreatCircle
3rd Aug 2007, 12:13
same is true with the outfit i fly for...

Info comes from a flightie working for Porter, but has to supplement her income in a local pub to make ends meet.

I did hear yesterday loads on the early afternoon services were encouraging and was going to post that as a correction and get more debate going about the viability. I hope it works for Deluce and the gang - a new Canadian success story is long overdue.

rotornut
6th Aug 2007, 20:53
Tony Beach

I was out in the "Tony Beach" every morning for the last 3 days. You could hardly hear Porter's 400s. If they are concerned about noise perhaps they might consider banning Harley Davidsons from the area - far more noise than any aircraft that I heard.

bjmartin43
20th May 2008, 18:17
has mr. miller ever used an airplane or does he walk to his vacation spots? toronto the clean and good has resisted it's own aviation history. the dash 7 or 8 never had a chance at toronto island for 26 years until the insiders got approval from ottawa. the business guy in toronto finally got a break. oops, they might tax that also? the dash 7 made london city viable as an airport years ago while toronto city council lay in their own dribble. they couldn't operate a lemonade stand without a subsidy. i moved to the u.s. where inovation is appreciated. lots of luck!:) iceman

atmosphere
26th May 2008, 19:43
anyone know when Porter are going to release the schedule for Toronto - New York for the end of October beginning of November?

I am flying in from the UK and am eager to book with them, they seem a far better airline than the likes of AirCanada or American, and hopefully cheaper too!! :ok:

Sir LandsAlot
27th May 2008, 15:23
atmosphere,

In October, the confirmed (with the FAA) Newark schedule is 7 return flights per day during the week plus 2 per weekend. You should have no problem booking your flight through www.flyporter.com

Expect to NOT have to pay extra for things like checked baggage, a light meal, a glass of wine/beer etc...:ok: