PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tug aeroplane lease out (1 - 2 weeks)!!

lusthansa
15th Nov 2006, 19:51
Hi pilots! I am an aviator from Austria and for the soaring season in 2007 I am yet looking for a possibility to do the "tuggie" in a northern Germany glider aircraft club (incl. weekdays)
Recently this club had a group of tug pilots who owned a glider towing approved Boeing Steerman (!!!!) - but ... these guys have gone - incl. their nice oldtimer. Thus the endorsement to be towed by an aeroplane will run out next at all club members. Actually, they can only be winch launched!
The president of the club just offered me on phone to eventually invite me to his location in Lower Saxony (state of Germany) where I could be the sole tuggie. Thence the soaring pilots from the club would regain their licence to be towed again and I would gain a lotta fun I think ;-)
The biiiiig problem over there: They have NO AIRCRAFT of their own!!
So I am looking for pertinent advices on any european FTO / charter company / club etc. that would lease out (after check out) for 7 - 14 days & for a great bulk price a Grob109B Turbo, Rallye, Wilga, Husky, Cub, Morane 892A, Robin DR300 or anything else to get gliders airborne!
The "north guys" would just be charged a certain price by me at cost price level and I would settle down at their airfield for that while. Thereafter the chartered A/C should return to the lessor.
I am fully aware of the fact that it is difficult to get a proper aeroplane for this purpose especially in the the thermal season. Thus this open posting.
You got hot hint 4 me? type it here :ok:
Preferably lessors from Danmark, NL, Belgium, Germany, Czech Rep., Poland, Luxembourg, etc. or anything else.