PDA

View Full Version : They're not all NIMBY'S

shortstripper
15th Nov 2006, 18:57
Posted on "the other" forum as well ....

I went for a rare pint (or two) in my local last night and got chatting to an old friend. He had a mate with him that I'd never met before, but who has lived in the village longer than I. Anyway, the conversation naturally turned to my aeroplane (most of my mates know I've been working on it forever) and I explained to my friend that it was now finished and flying. At this point the fella that I don't know pipes up >

" Oh yes, that's an old Slingsby isn't it?"

.... "errr, yes, how do you know?" ,

"Well I noticed you land a couple of years ago in that old white VP2, and have kept my eye out ever since, I'm a keen spotter you know, and like to identify the types that I see"

Turns out he knows all about my strip, the few aeroplanes that have landed there and has even discovered my website by typing in my registration. He's a real aviation nut, but when I offered him a flight in a two seater he paled at the idea! I'm not sure if I like the fact that so much is known about my little strip and activities, but on the bright side he certainly isn't one who will complain about "those pesky aeroplanes that pollute and spoil my peace" !!! Amazing!

SS .

stickandrudderman
15th Nov 2006, 20:44
Perhaps we should have him cloned?:D

ChampChump
15th Nov 2006, 21:46
Cloning with multiple births please - you can have virtually the whole of the local village unbothered by/in favour of/blissfully unaware of the adjacent strip but it only takes one Nimby....:(