PDA

View Full Version : FireFly Aviation Headset - FLY750 ?

jakerr
14th Nov 2006, 22:54
I currently have a David Clark H10-13.4 headset for my own personal use but was looking to by a second passenger headset. I love the David Clark set but have also been looking at some other cheaper alternatives.

During my search I came across the Firefly FLY750 avation headset as detailed below which is selling at £79.99.

26dB Noise Reduction
Frequency response of 20-17,000Hz distortion free
Lightweight design of 15.2 Oz
Mono/stereo select on ear cup
Volume control on ear cup
Goldplated twin plugs for improved conductivity
Fully adjustable
Flexible mic boom
Noise cancelling electret microphone
Gel earseals
Extra soft deluxe headpad
Available in smart grey
1 year warrantyHas anyone out there brought one of these as they look good value for money at face value?

Any feed back welcome. They will only be used occassionally, but I want them to be comfortable to wear and noticed they have gel ear seals like the DC's.:ok:

JK

jakerr
16th Nov 2006, 14:16
No-one out there has tried these yet? :uhoh:

They look pretty good on the web site but was hoping some of you might have already taken the plunge.

Any feedback on the Firefly 750 headset welcomed :ok:

east_sider
16th Nov 2006, 21:05
Some comment on that headset here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240654

I PM'ed the guy as I was thinking of getting one, he seemed happy with it. I went for a secondhand Peltor from eBay...

vrotpiesanguk
23rd Nov 2006, 22:56
Hi jakerr,

I highly recommend the FLY750 headset. I also have a DC H10-13.4 and although I bought my Firefly as a spare, I use it as much as my DC. It is very comfortable and works very well. In fact, I'm surprised they're so cheap.

If you are still looking for a headset, I definately recommend them.

Also, if u got any more questions, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Good luck in your headset quest!

jakerr
26th Nov 2006, 12:06
Hi jakerr,

I highly recommend the FLY750 headset. I also have a DC H10-13.4 and although I bought my Firefly as a spare, I use it as much as my DC. It is very comfortable and works very well. In fact, I'm surprised they're so cheap.

If you are still looking for a headset, I definately recommend them.

Also, if u got any more questions, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Good luck in your headset quest!

Thanks guy's,

I finally went for the firefly 750 headset and got them ac ouple of days ago. Very pleased with the product out of the box. At £79.99 can't really grumble. Apprear comfortable to wear and look the part. :ok:

Maybe a few more on PPRUNE would benefit from buying these.

JK

Cricket23
26th Nov 2006, 14:00
These sound very good value. Without breaking the advertising rules can you please let us know where you got them from (may PM me please?)

Thanks,

C23

dwshimoda
26th Nov 2006, 17:59
C23,

Type "Firefly fly750" into google, it'll take you about 3 seconds and tell you exactly where to get them from! :ok:

jakerr
27th Nov 2006, 20:52
£79.99 includes postage and packaging as well .....:ok:

Hope to use them this weekend providing the weather is good enough :O

JK

vrotpiesanguk
12th Dec 2006, 16:31
This thread seems to be continued here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255089&highlight=firefly+headset

db16
10th Feb 2008, 15:00
Hello

I am the Scottish Agent for FireFly and can personally vouch for its value and compatibility. I have used it on 4 aircraft and an Alsim 200 FNPT2 without any hitch for 5 months:ok: db16