PDA

View Full Version : ATC Interview/Assessment Stage 3

GolfDeltaHotel
14th Nov 2006, 11:37
I’m through to the third and final stage of the TATC assessment and I have a few questions that I am hoping someone will be able to answer for me – preferably before my interview next week. Anyone with any questions about stages 1 and 2, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and hopefully I can allay any fears you may have.

My questions are;
- What can I expect from the ATCO/personnel interview?
- What do the teamwork exercises involve?
- What do the computer tests involve?
- Do you have any ‘stage 3’ tips?

Any advice on these (or any other relevant issue) would be greatly appreciated.

Frogga
16th Nov 2006, 14:49
Hi GolfDeltaHotel,

Is this for NATS? I did the computer selection tests duing Stage 2 in Swanwick about 8 weeks ago. I have my final Stage 3 Interview next week in Swanwick. I'd suggest reading the booklets from stage 1 and 2 over and over, have a good nights sleep the night before and just relax while in the interview. Don't panic while being interviewed. I've been informed that there are 'group activities' at Stage 3. I don't really know what to expect here, just be yourself.

Regards

Andrew

Steakpie
16th Nov 2006, 15:28
The personel interview is basically about you, what makes you tick, your sucesses, failures and how you have handled them.
The ATCO will ask you some technical questions from the packs you have been sent, and give you some scenarios to see how well you make decisions.
The group exercise or 'game' is to assess teamwork, speed and accuracy, and is a wee bit silly (in my opinion)

Only advice I can offer is to be yourself, they have the answers from your previous stages, your application form and a personality profile, so if you've told any porky pies you may get found out:=

Oh yeah and make sure you visit a centre/tower as the ATCO's first question is what preperation have you made for the interview.

good luck!:ok: