PDA

View Full Version : Rules?

shortstripper
13th Nov 2006, 17:00
What's with the sudden need to sign up to obey the forum rules? I had to sign them to make my last post depite a couple of hundred previous ones ... is it the same for everyone?

SS

SlipSlider
13th Nov 2006, 17:47
certainly the same for me, also today
Slip

Rod1
13th Nov 2006, 18:04
I had to sign up to post this. Was this announced and I missed it or did it come out of the blue? Would be nice to know why etc……

Rod1

Mike Cross
13th Nov 2006, 20:28
Oohh dear. We must all have been naughty! Does this mean I have to be nice to you lot now?

stiknruda
13th Nov 2006, 21:50
Well, I read it and signed up - caused me no major issues. So why are you all bleating? Surely the fact that we are here is testament to the ethos of the entity?

There are GOOGLE ads appearing under my name which I have no control over - I neither support or disclaim them.

foxmoth
13th Nov 2006, 22:16
No problem with it apart from the bit that it would have been nice to have been told first - feels a bit like I am being dealt with by the company I work for!

LowNSlow
14th Nov 2006, 06:25
Me too. Maybe it's some legal thingy so that peeps offended by a bit of banter can't go after Danny et al.

BRL
14th Nov 2006, 14:26
Sorry about not telling you guys about it, I didn't really know myself about this until recently.

Lots of tweaks going on here at pprune at the moment so if you do come accross anything untoward then try not to worry too much!

Flybywyre
14th Nov 2006, 15:52
And another thing............
You can't use bad language anymore (Not that I would of course). If I wanted to call someone a "Delta, India, Charlie, Kilo, Hotel, Echo, Alpha, Delta" which after all isn't that bad, it comes out as ********
And another thing............
The number of posts the poster has made which is displayed underneath their handle has become stuck :confused:
Regards
FBW

Rod1
14th Nov 2006, 15:59
Lots of tweaks going on here at pprune at the moment so if you do come accross anything untoward then try not to worry too much!

:\ :\ :\ :\ :\

Edited to add I have no connection with the advert which has unexpectedly appeared under my name.

Rod1

BRL
14th Nov 2006, 18:54
Rod, you would be suprised how many people make the same comment. It has to be there I am afraid, the site gets bigger and it costs quite a lot of money each month to run. I won't go into it- it is not for me to say, but it does cost a lot to run.

I'll say this for Stick'... Flybywyre, do you mean d1ckhead..!

Rod1
14th Nov 2006, 19:27
BRL

I have no problem at all with advertising, add as much as you need, as an ex marketing man I am all for it. By putting the add under my name it implies that I had some connection with it, and support the advert this is very unreasonable and probably brakes the advertising standards rules. If you got a post from the CEO of Rotax and he appeared to be advertising Jab engines you would have big problems. Pork and certain faiths, Alcoholics and Alcohol etc etc…..

Rod1

Monocock
14th Nov 2006, 20:46
Can you delete the pink option for text colour?!:rolleyes:

Rod1
15th Nov 2006, 14:51
No response so lets go at this from another angle. How much would you charge to guarantee no adds under a posters name?

Rod1

BRL
15th Nov 2006, 16:04
Hi Rod, I am very busy at work at the moment. I have just got in, back out for an hour or so and then I will get back to you here. So far, I think if you have a personal title it won't show up, or something like that! I will check it out in a bit when I return mate.

drauk
15th Nov 2006, 16:22
Personally I think the suggestion that the words "Ads by Google: X Y Z" imply that any individual is advertising X, Y or Z is a bit of a stretch.

Ads only appear on the space on the left of a posting if you've got no title.

BRL
15th Nov 2006, 19:18
What it looks like is the first and last post have the big ones under a username, except if you have a personal title. Also the ones along the bottom of the post are on the last post too. I think!

The ads also change on every page view so they will not appear the same everytime. Also from a personal view, I don't think it looks like you are endorsing anything at all, just because it is under your name.

PS, don't get them if you are a mod either!