PDA

View Full Version : 1011 Heaven

pax britanica
11th Aug 2001, 11:46
As there seem to be many Tristar lovers here it was nice to see two inside an hour at LHR this week. The hideously coloured BeeWee version and A Saudia one. In the nice new Saudia clours it looked superb-almost brand new in fact.
As a very very regular long haul pax Im sad to see the end of the Tristars - as nice to fly in as they apparently are to fly.

The Guvnor
11th Aug 2001, 12:12
The Saudi -500 is one of two VVIP aircraft that they have (HZ-HM5 and HZ-HM6). As for the 'Great Grapefruit' livery of the BeeWee L15s ... if you think the outside is bad, wait until you see the inside! :D :rolleyes: :D

eicjc
11th Aug 2001, 14:34
Indeed it is a shame to see the decline of the Tristar gathering pace. Shame about those Air Transat guys finding themselves under the anvil of a big one. I have flown on Tristars quite a bit but have yet [and probably won't at this stage] to actually fly one for real. The sim is a real treat however and I would suggest to any other L1011 lovers out there the you head on down to Bournemouth airport, where European Aviation have two Tristar sims, a 100 and a 500. If you aask nicely aswell the kind fellows in European will let you try your hand at the Kai Tak 13 IGS approach. Fun for all the family.
So long y'all and have fun, and remember DIRECT LIFT CONTROL will be with you. :cool:

checkhauler
11th Aug 2001, 14:57
Hold your breath,...... I heard a new start up is in the works in Scotland with ex-DL L-1011's. Anyone else heard the same rumors?

4 of 7
11th Aug 2001, 15:20
Checkhauler

Naughty, naughty!

The Guvnor
11th Aug 2001, 15:25
:D :D :D