PDA

View Full Version : Address Change

approach_shortfinals
10th Nov 2006, 00:31
Howya,

I am a newbie to the PPrune world so hello to all. http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/winksbuddie.gif

That out of the way here’s a bit of background info about myself, I am a recent PPL graduate who learnt to fly in Jersey but just moved to London. I have sent off my change of address to the CAA over four weeks ago but have had no acknowledgement as of yet. I am wondering if they will send me an updated licence or just update their records. Anyone else have a similar issue with an address change, if so how long did it take?

Regards,

AS

Vedeneyev
10th Nov 2006, 12:42
I moved mid-October, sent my PPL change of address form, but have still yet to hear anything back (but the aircraft Registration Certificate & Radio License both came back within a few days).

When I've done it before I've just sent SRG/PLD an email, and within a couple of days my new license arrived ready for me to sign. This time I see they've formalised the process with a Change of Address form, so used that - so much for progress and streamlined bureaucracy...they'll be charging for the service (as well as EASA) next...

TractorBoy
10th Nov 2006, 13:13
I moved mid-July and sent my new details off to the CAA. It took about 5 to 6 weeks to get a reply (I was beginning to get a bit concerned and very nearly gave them a call). You just get back a replacement page for your PPL, along with an updated RT licence.
It does takes a while for them to reply - strange, as it only took about 10 days to receive my initial licence. If you haven't heard in a few weeks, give them a ring. I don't trust the Post Office not to lose that small bit of card you have to post to the CAA.......