PDA

View Full Version : Atc Units Operating Atsa's

captainlj
8th Nov 2006, 14:09
Does anyone know of any units (worldwide) who operate with ATSA's ?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dizzee Rascal
8th Nov 2006, 20:17
Huhhh?

Most ATC units I would guess have ATSAs. I think in some non UK countries they go under another name (I think) such as D-Side in the US.

What is it you actually want to know?

AlanM
8th Nov 2006, 20:25
Not all. LCY don't have ATSAs............

Biggin have a couple of crackers..... well one :p

Dizzee Rascal
8th Nov 2006, 20:47
Not all. LCY don't have ATSAs............

:ooh: :eek:

Spangly
8th Nov 2006, 21:30
Calm down AlanM, don't want you misting up that lens......

captainlj
9th Nov 2006, 11:15
Thanks for the responce guys,.

The reason I asked my original question is that a family friend is unable to become an ATCO and I agreed to find where he could get an ATSA job, he informs me he would prefer somewhere abroad with a good package(not much to ask):bored: ha ha ha!!!

Dizzee Rascal
9th Nov 2006, 14:31
Thanks for the responce guys,.

The reason I asked my original question is that a family friend is unable to become an ATCO and I agreed to find where he could get an ATSA job, he informs me he would prefer somewhere abroad with a good package(not much to ask):bored: ha ha ha!!!

Tell him to try SERCo. I don't know if they still have it but they used to have the contract to supply ATC at Gibraltar (did someone say NATS have the contract now?). Don't know if your friend will get a "nice" package anywhere though!

If your friend wanted to, he could try the non-NATS UK airports to become an ATSA although sadly, the salary for ATSAs is not the best in the Aviation Industry. Good luck to him.

LXGB
9th Nov 2006, 21:11
...did someone say NATS have the contract now? Don't know if your friend will get a "nice" package anywhere though!

Yeah, Gib's NATS now. Not sure about good packages either!