PDA

View Full Version : Descent clearance in UK

cornwallis
7th Nov 2006, 15:12
If i am cleared to be fl130 at Goodwood,then later I am cleared to fl110 ,but having not passed goodwood or levelled at 130,does the original restriction still apply or does the new clearance cancel the first?

MancBoy
7th Nov 2006, 15:21
Been here lots of times this one.

The new clearance cancels the previous one unless the old one is included in the new one aswell.

Ok?

cornwallis
7th Nov 2006, 15:50
Thank you for your reply.There is still a lot of flightcrew who find this issue confusing!

BOAC
7th Nov 2006, 15:56
.....and there are a lot of pilots who should be using PPRune 'Search' properly

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110339&highlight=Descent+clearance

.........and that is just ONE of the many threads on the same topic :ugh:

begbie
7th Nov 2006, 16:08
Mancboy is spot on, the initial restriction does not apply. However I would suggest that it is good practise (and professional courtesy) to ask whether atc still need the restriction if you are going to be a lot higher/lower than initially told. Basically don't take the p*ss..

begbie
7th Nov 2006, 16:10
And enough of the attitude BOAC..

cornwallis
7th Nov 2006, 16:18
With the clearances issued in the first post my reaction would be to delete the 130 restriction in the fms and this would reduce the vertical rate to 1000fpm until the path is re-established,otherwise you fly level downwind at 70 for quite a few miles
With regards to the search facility of this board I have informed BOAC that I could find nothing under "sarcasm by moderator" .When I searched it gave this:Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. :} :}

Del Prado
10th Nov 2006, 09:58
otherwise you fly level downwind at 70 for quite a few miles

better that than take out the traffic at TIMBA/MAY:hmm:

BOAC
10th Nov 2006, 20:28
Hey you lot - if you want the topic 'stickied' you need to contact the forum mod.

Here's the icon you seek :rolleyes:

EDIT: Make that 'Mods'

PS Were you searching far enough back?:)

bermudatriangle
10th Nov 2006, 20:41
Just confirm new clearance with ATC.No different than a direct routeing,skip waypoint or altitude.