PDA

View Full Version : Part-time FI Courses

Parson
7th Nov 2006, 11:36
I am looking to undertake an FI on a part-time basis, and am only available on weekends and the occasional week's leave. Does anyone know of any reputable schools/clubs where this is possible? Ideally looking for somewhere in the south west/south wales area, but would travel.
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but not been able to find anything helpful under a search.
Cheers,
P

waterpau
7th Nov 2006, 14:01
Hi Parson,

It would involve a fair bit of travelling, but Bonus Aviation at Cranfield specifically advertise 7 day a week IR, CPL and FI(R) courses on their front page http://www.bonusaviation.co.uk.

I expect somebody will know a school closer to you... :8

waterpau

wheatools
7th Nov 2006, 16:23
I have recently completed my FI course (part time) with Ontrack aviation. They are in Wellesbourne and were really flexable with the course. Also a really good bunch of guys.

Good luck

unfazed
7th Nov 2006, 17:43
PARSON

Did mine at FLIGHTPASS Exeter, really professional and very friendly (tons of experience and competitive rates)

Highly recommended !!!

http://www.flightpass.co.uk :)

Gugnunc
7th Nov 2006, 19:11
I have recently completed my FI course (part time) with Ontrack aviation. They are in Wellesbourne and were really flexable with the course. Also a really good bunch of guys.
Good luck

I agree with Wheatools, I too did my FI at OnTrack and had a great time. They have written their own manual and have two resident Examiners that help with scheduling the final test. They prefer to work Mon-Fri but I understand they can arrange to teach at weekends too.

Parson
21st Nov 2006, 11:40
Thanks for your comments, guys. Drawn a blank so far as nearly everyone prefers to run their courses full-time, with the possibility of only occasional weekends.

Will keep looking though!

Cheers,

P

18greens
23rd Nov 2006, 12:19
I'm sure you haven't looked far enough. Loads of places will do part time. Any cash is good cash.

White Waltham does them at weekends but perhaps a bit far. And have you tried David Schoulder at Old Sarum.

You need to talk to the instuctors. Often you talk to ops who give the company line of no instruction at weekends but there is often flexibility.

Mad Girl
23rd Nov 2006, 12:29
And have you tried David Schoulder at Old Sarum.

That's David Scouller at Old Sarum

FormationFlyer
24th Nov 2006, 23:30
Answering the question specificially about part-time instructor courses. I would recommend On-Track @ Wellesbourne - they have a lot of experience in these sorts of courses.

timzsta
16th Dec 2006, 18:26
Stapleford run FI courses on part time basis at weekends. I did mine there and found it excellent. Wasn't made to feel like a second class student and staff understanding of pressures of having to work full time to pay rent/bills etc and come in at the weekend.

crazy gal
16th Dec 2006, 19:26
Bonus Aviation!!! (Cranfield)

Excellent FI Instructor. Plenty of aircrafts available. Very Good School.

Crazy Gal x

TuckUnder77
15th Oct 2007, 15:47
Anyone who knows if this FTO is still in operation? The website seems to be down.

dann1405
15th Oct 2007, 17:35
TuckUnder

Unfortunately Flightpass ceased operating at the end of March this year. Regards,
D

TuckUnder77
15th Oct 2007, 18:19
That's sad. Great people involved in that operation. :(