PDA

View Full Version : Merlin Flight Simulator for Leeds Uni project

Katelou1
6th Nov 2006, 21:06
Hi,

Im in my third year at Leeds Uni and i have been given the title "modelling aviation meteorology on the Merlin Flight Simulator" for my disertation. Does anyone have any information on the way the Merlin Sim represents weather in comparison to a larger sim for a commercial jet. I would appreciate any other information anyone has which they think will be useful for my disertation.

Thanks

Jinkster
8th Nov 2006, 08:44
Good luck with that - have you tried contacting the RN or RAF or posting in the Military Forum....

Glad I aint doing it...................:8 ;)

Malcolm G O Payne
8th Nov 2006, 16:36
I think the Merlin simulator referred to is not the military helicopter, but a simulator built for flight research and design exercises at universities and constructed by Merlin Simulation who had a manufacturing facility, i think, in Sussex. I think John Farley, the former Hawker test pilot, was involved, with students designing control systems and John assessed them, apart from the students trying themselves. I did have a small amount of publicity from them that I picked up at the 1988 (?)Farnborough Show which I may still have it in the loft.

ant1
13th Jan 2007, 14:46
Who gives JAA Merlin IIB type ratings ? Is the Metro TR also valid for the Merlin ?

Thanks