PDA

View Full Version : B777 High lift control

airbusa330
5th Nov 2006, 11:05
Hi 777 Fellow aviators,
Could you be so kind as to explain the high lift control methods employed on the 777.
Thank you!
a330

Rick Storm
6th Nov 2006, 20:52
Although, I'm not familiar with 777 In the circumstances, I'd select the OTIS control panel options from 1-x depending on alt. I'm sure others can better my reply.

False Capture
6th Nov 2006, 23:55
The three high lift control methods employed on the 777 are:
i) Slats
ii) Flaps
iii) Electrogravitic technology

p.s. Boeing are very secretive about the third method of generating lift, it was first employed on the B-2 bomber.

matt_hooks
7th Nov 2006, 00:48
Electro gravitic technology?

Sounds like something out of a sci-fi film!

Google reliably tells me that electrofravitic is a sinonym for antigravity and involves the known effect that a capacitor will tend to move towards the positively charged plate.

Apparently if you charge your leading edge to a potential of +MV, and your trailing edge to -MV then you get a strong forward propulsive force.

After that it all gets a bit "Douglas Adams" with talk of synthesis of an element 115 imaginatively named "ununpentium" with "a gravity Alpha wave which extends outside the atom and can thus be amplified and directed to distort large portions of space time"

Beam me up Scotty!!!

vapilot2004
7th Nov 2006, 01:19
Previous thread on this here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248672).

High lift flight controls consist of:

1 inboard & 1 outboard surface + 1 flaperon & aileron droop
1 inboard & 6 outboard slats + 1 Krueger flap by the pylon.

Primary actuation is hydraulic. Secondary and Alternate actuation is electric.

Automatic load relief protects flaps from excessive airloads at high airspeeds by auto retraction and then re-extension when airspeed is back within safe range.

Automatic slat deployment will autoextend slats when impending stall is sensed.

False Capture, no one is supposed to know about iii. :ooh:

False Capture
7th Nov 2006, 08:17
Oops, thanks vapilot2004. :oh:

.... hey, what's that black limousine doing outside my house, and why are those blokes in black suits with dark glasses walking up my drive-way?

vapilot2004
7th Nov 2006, 09:03
:ok:

Now if said vehicles be dark Chevy Suburbans and no one among them seems to have a reasonable sense of humour - I offer you an easy out - blame it all on A330. :}

If pressed further, please announce your secret Boeing codeword EELV. :cool:

Although, I'm not familiar with 777 In the circumstances, I'd select the OTIS control panel options from 1-x depending on alt. I'm sure others can better my reply.

Otis has been and will always be a friend of mine despite any past transgressions!