PDA

View Full Version : VB and Skywest interviewing again!

limpwindsock
5th Nov 2006, 03:06
VB and Skywest are interviewing again!

Great news for all.

Interested to hear about the experience levels of candiates and the profile of the new VB Simride.

Good luck to all.

Cheers.

sicilian
6th Nov 2006, 07:07
Would be intersted to know about experience requirements aswell. Particularly if VB will persist down the 500 multi command route or place more emphasis on time in a multi crew environment.

Prop's ????
6th Nov 2006, 07:37
Would be intersted to know about experience requirements aswell. Particularly if VB will persist down the 500 multi command route or place more emphasis on time in a multi crew environment.

What’s wrong with the 500 multi command requirement?

It’s a must have if you want to get a command one day.

Ferrett
6th Nov 2006, 07:43
Props

Could you please explain to me why you need 500 hours multi engine command to secure a command on high capacity aircraft?

Thanks

gas-chamber
6th Nov 2006, 08:32
Ferrett it is because it is their train set. And they just may have worked out that the equipment they operate requires a certain amount of prior experience to make the training go a bit easier.

Centaurus
6th Nov 2006, 09:23
Could you please explain to me why you need 500 hours multi engine command to secure a command on high capacity aircraft

If you don't know that you certainly are in need of 500 hours multi-engine command...;)

Metroboy
6th Nov 2006, 12:43
CAO 82 only has the multi command requirement for operators with a LOW capacity AOC. Operators with a high capacity AOC are NOT bound by any regulatory 500 multi in command requirement, and any such stipulations are purely a creation of the company.

Most in GA, and a couple of posters in this thread, mistakenly believe the 500 multi in command applies for all operators and is bypassed by Qantas (for cadets etc) by virtue of an exemption. This is NOT the case. For a high capacity AOC, all you need is a valid ATPL. And the command hour requirements for an ATPL are a total of 250 hours (can be single engine) of which 150 can be ICUS. So in fact all you need is 100 hours in command!

To support the above, you will notice that Jetstar no longer have a mandatory 500 multi in command requirement. They have put an "and/or" criteria which allows them to capture experienced FO's that don't necessarily have multi command experience.

In saying all of this, I can testify to its accuracy only as far as 2001. It may have changed, but I'm not aware that it has.

I suggest a couple of the posters do a little more research in the CAO's re low capacity v high capacity AOC rather than shoot from the hip.

MB.

bushy
7th Nov 2006, 02:07
How many single engined airliners are there?

Bendo
7th Nov 2006, 07:58
Much as your post brings a flutter to my heart, I am left wondering: what is your source? :confused:

Icarus2001
9th Nov 2006, 02:51
Well Bendo, I can confirm that Skywest will be interviewing in the next two weeks.