PDA

View Full Version : Experienced controllers from Copenhagen looking for greener pastures

Short Approach?
1st Nov 2006, 14:32
Hello all.
The grapes are certainly sour at my present point of employment. Seriously under-staffed and management will do nothing to sort out the mess. Salary is not to good either, with the tax-department eating about 60%.
SO. Any of you guys/girls that have useful information about ATC-vacancies, are more than welcome to contact me on [email protected] and I will spread the word ro relevant parties. Both acc,app and twr controllers ready to leave instantly. The training-level and general standard here at Copenhagen is high, ask any pilot :O
Kind regards

Jerricho
1st Nov 2006, 14:52
Seriously under-staffed and management will do nothing to sort out the mess

Sorry mate, but you could be describing quite a few centres/ATC units round the world. :\

Short Approach?
1st Nov 2006, 15:09
I know. But I'd rather be seeing the world... And the sun :)

LN-ATC
1st Nov 2006, 18:15
If you fancy snow, darkness, remoteness, and probably even more under-staffed ATC units than EKCH you should consider the northern part of Norway. :)

Gisajob
1st Nov 2006, 18:23
Check out the new initiative called EURATCO on this website. www.safeskys.co.uk

Look at the page entitled European Common Licence

This is the only recruitment agency dedicated to placing European ATCOs at European Airports. It is managed by current licenced European ATCOs so they understand the profession. It is a new service and is still in the start up phase but it is planned to be the first port of call for ATCOs looking to move when the new ESARR regs are ratified

Good Luck

clr4takeoff
1st Nov 2006, 20:50
SERCO is always advertising, you can have a look at www.flightglobal.com (http://www.flightglobal.com)
especially this page http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/Search.aspx?liJobTypeID=407&liLocationID=&liPositionTypeID=&liJobID=&sKeywords

Good luck !:ok:

Tarq57
2nd Nov 2006, 01:53
Airways NZ are (or should be) frequently interested in career controllers. Lot of people going to the UAE recently. It's definitely not the worst company in the world to work for, either. Morale is generally very good at my unit.
You won't get rich quick. $NZ is worth about USD.67. Lifestyle move, really. As for sunshine....we have no ozone. There is adequate sunshine in the summer but it takes 10minutes to burn. http://www.airways.co.nz/careers/vacancy.asp

BlueSkye
2nd Nov 2006, 07:54
Excuse my ignorance, but why is Emirates looking for an ATC Instructor? According to that link anyway.

alwaysmovin
2nd Nov 2006, 14:17
I hear that skyguide in Switzerland are recruiting again.
Austrocontrol in Vienna have also just taken on some foreign controllers but you need to speak level 4 German . Good luck

Short Approach?
5th Nov 2006, 16:56
I hear that skyguide in Switzerland are recruiting again.
Austrocontrol in Vienna have also just taken on some foreign controllers but you need to speak level 4 German . Good luck

Level 4 german? Ich bin - du bist... or was it?

!turnleftrightnow!
6th Nov 2006, 10:22
As far as I know 5 German controllers (3 ACC, 2 TWR) were borrowed to Autrocontrol... They΄ll stay there until the end of 2009.

Frunobulax
6th Nov 2006, 13:37
Airways NZ are (or should be) frequently interested in career controllers. Lot of people going to the UAE recently. It's definitely not the worst company in the world to work for, either. Morale is generally very good at my unit.
You won't get rich quick. $NZ is worth about USD.67. Lifestyle move, really. As for sunshine....we have no ozone. There is adequate sunshine in the summer but it takes 10minutes to burn. http://www.airways.co.nz/careers/vacancy.asp

I'd love to move to NZ but my wife thinks it's too far away :( I'm working on it however.
What is a very general salary level in NZ? Back here I make around equivalent of 90.000 $NZ gros a year as an TWR/APP (non-radar)/OJT, 8 y. experience.

Tivoli Vertigo
6th Nov 2006, 16:08
Excuse my ignorance, but why is Emirates looking for an ATC Instructor? According to that link anyway.

Emirates Aviation College is part of Emirates Group

Job Description

A unique opportunity to contribute to the world's fastest growing airline.

The Position: You will be required to design, develop, and deliver Air Traffic Control (ATC) courses and programmes based the needs of the college and in strict accordance with the requirements of the ICAO.

Guide the Simulator Pilots during the training simulation sessions. Keep abreast with the latest ATC systems and regulations to ensure that the best courses are delivered to our customers. In liaison with the ATCCI market ATC training programmes and facilities in order to generate revenue for the College. Deliver ATC courses to Middle Eastern, South Asian, Military and Civil Aviation Authorities.

Salary & Benefits:

• We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.

• Annual Leave Ticket.

• Generous Annual Leave provisions in addition to public holidays.

• Exchange Rate Protection of 50% of basic salary.

• Medical & Dental Insurance.

• Group wide Profit Share.

• Generous utility allowances.

• Opportunity to develop your skill and career progression.

Experience and Qualifications:

Minimum High School Diploma with an approved ICAO approved ratings in Aerodrome Control, Approach Control, Procedural/Radar Control and Area Control.

Minimum experience of 10 years of which at least 7 years should have been as an Air Traffic Controller and 3 years as a Trainer.

Must hold or must have held an ATCO license recognized by UAE General Civil Aviation Authority.

Knowledge of ATC regulatory and assessment requirements.

makeapullup
7th Nov 2006, 16:04
I'd love to move to NZ but my wife thinks it's too far away

Tell her you aren't commuting! Once you're there you're there.
I'm sure you'll find "perogi" and good "piwo"

Cheers

PS. Try South Africa. Big Polish community and I know a Polish controller!

Frunobulax
7th Nov 2006, 17:17
How about earnings in SA?

makeapullup
7th Nov 2006, 17:35
You are paid here according to your years of experience. At Johannesburg (the highest allowances) with 6 years APP or ACC you will take home at the end of the month approx 9000zl. 12 years(top of scale) approx 11000zl. We do ok on that but not enough as a single income. PM me if you want more info...dowiedziena....