PDA

View Full Version : Thought this site was to enable us to help!

jidder
1st Nov 2006, 11:55
:mad:

Just got mail from prune towers saying i was advertising! By trying to help someone who might want my job now i'm off to the line :eek:

Here was my reply :- I'm an instructor and know how hard things can be in the real world to find a job! I don't gain anything by telling someone on this site about a job!

SO can you please tell me why i should pay to help someone else out?

Sounds like you are just being as big a money grabber as everyone else in aviation!

Thanks !

Jidder

Does anyone agree with my train of thought?????????:mad:

PPRuNe Towers
1st Nov 2006, 18:02
It's not particularly important whether folks agree with you or not jidder,

Danny and I have run the site for the last ten years and subsidised it all the way with our earnings on the line. The site runs at overload for 10 hours out of every day and it is our choice as to what gets advertised not yours. It really is that simple.

Believe me, we sleep very well at night knowing what two ordinary line guys have personally done for communications between aviation pros worldwide. We are also directly reponsible for 10, repeat ten, people sitting in jets, the first of whom now even has a 737 command. We also contribute a significant sum to Gapan scholarships like the one stickied above. Additionally we subsidise attendance to our career seminars the last being in September.

The subsidy?

100% Totally free, no sponsors - just us.

While the wages of sin may be death and those of instructors are slow starvation the fact remains that instructors are part of a triangle two sides of which (school/club and punters) are exchanging very significant sums of money. We see absolutely no reason why they should ride on our backs when we face having to take out personal loans to add another server to keep the site running.

If we had ever issued a single ad or press release in our ten year history to lure you to this site you might have a point but we haven't and you don't.

Regards to all,
Rob Lloyd